Skip to content

Ask an Expert Have I been Ripped off? New rider

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > New rider > Have I been Ripped off?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Flanker37

Oct 10

Flanker37 says:

Have I been Ripped off?

just had my first service (1000k) at my dealers. Bike is a Sinnis Max II

1st Service £67.50
oil & filter £10.55
sundries £3.00
supply & fit
heated grips £96.00
vat £35.41
total £212.46

this all seems a bit excessive for change of oil, new filter, an indicator bulb & heated grips i asked them to fit and they only cost £50 on their own

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (24 March 2012 17:22)

Post a message in New rider

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

service

Dealer services are always expensive. Unfortunately to maintain the warranty it needs to be done but I think you can take it elsewhere rather than the main dealer. Would wait for someone to clarify that though.

The heated grips seems a bit excessive. Have they been wired into the ignition with relays etc or just connected to the battery. If they are properly wired it can take a bit of fiddling so the cost of labour may be about right (some charge £80/hr!). To be honest these small jobs are the ones that you can learn to do and after teh warranty is up changing oil, filters etc will save you a fortune!

Reply to this Topic
ergf

Feb 09

ergf says:

£80

£80 plus VAT for the first service seems fairly reasonable to me they should also be checking no fixings have come lose and treating moving parts such as foot pegs and levers with grease.

£96 to supply and fit doesnt seem bad if they have been fully wired in.

As windsor says learn to do your oil and filter yourself once the warranty is up you will save a lot of money.

Reply to this Topic
Flanker37

Oct 10

Flanker37 says:

thanks

cheers guys, its just wired up to battery as far as i know & they even had to make a bracket themselves to fit on the bike. probably why that's cost so much then

Reply to this Topic
teamwindsor

Mar 11

teamwindsor says:

grips

I would check if it is just wired straight to the battery (which is ok), just because you can potentially leave them on and flatten the battery. Try turning them on without the engine.

I prefer to wire them into the ignition as when the engine is off, so are the grips...its mainly because I am forgetful though!

Reply to this Topic
fireblade1996

Apr 12

ripped off

i pay over £50 just 4 my oil and filter 4 my blade seems ok

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle