Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati?

Ducati's yoyo fortunes continue, with a disappointing sixth fastest for Rossi at the latest Jerez test, but trust in the Desmosedici's front end on the grow, according to Rossi. So if you had to bet a year's salary on it now,  how would you place it? Tell us your thoughts on how you think the Rossi saga's going to end below....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 March 2012 16:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

The GOAT

You can never write him off. The Guy is a total legend.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Steady

I think we will see steady improvements by the Ducati over the season and it will edge its way to a race win or two if they keep up the pace of development and we dont see any mammoth leaps in performance by the other factories. I think Rossi is definitely capable of winning races still with the right package, but I do keep coming back to the same thought which is - if Ducati never had Casey S ride for them and win for them, would they actually have won anything during the entire 800 era?? I fear that despite their best efforts their bike was just being flattered by the way Stoner rode it and they have actually got to progress much more than they thought. Building an entirely new machine was a must and its a step in the right direction, but its probably quite alot of development away (or seasons from becoming a championship threatening machine.

Reply to this Topic
DirtyHarry46

Apr 11

DirtyHarry46 says:

Bootlegger

It reads Will Rossi win again with Ducati? and not ON a Ducati Lol....

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

I agree with you redracer46...

But I will add that until Ducati narrows their V angle (as I have stated elsewhere) I doubt their machine will be able to compete with the Hondas or Yahamas. VR46 is capable of winning - but only CS27 can do it on the Duc.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

will he win a race again??

Well it seems like that answer is all up to Ducati. I won't say no because he is still capable of bagging a win in the wet or changing conditions but the bike has to improve more to be able to fight the factory Hondas and Yamahas in the dry. Will he win another title? I have to say no on that one though. The competition for the title is greater than it's been probably since Doohan, Schwantz, Lawson, Rainey, etc were slugging it out in the early 90's. And like Lawson who won on both Yamaha and Honda bikes and ended up on the Cagiva, Rossi has picked the wrong Italian horse in Ducati to help fight for the title. But Lawson did win a race on the Cagiva his 2nd year.......

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The vee angle is a yellow herring

don't believe all David Emmett writes SVNut. He's only a software engineer and hack.

I believe with steady improvements the Red team will tread water and maintain their station. Unless of course no other team was planning on any steady improvement. Perhaps a rash a crashes and a few swift rules changes by Uncle Carmelo will hoist him onto the podium once more....or maybe even all the top riders will boycott a race as they did at Misano in 1989 allowing Rossi one final time in the sun just as Chili had all those years ago.

Fully half you fools think Rossi will win another MotoGP title?! Or have you little 46'ers been voting all afternoon?

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THEM DAY`S ARE LONG GONE.

He`s had his day,{ day`s },and it wouldn`t matter a jot  if he was back on the Yam or Honda.Not that there would ever be a possibility of that occuring. He`s had a good inning`s,much better than most,but the fact is he ain`t racing Crivelle or Biaggi,{ on a cheapy Yam },or Checa et al.   Would the most successful racer ever,Ago,be expected to win nowaday`s?  No ofcourse not,he has had his day.  The Duke look`s like it could be a winner again,in the right hand`s,jeez even Nicky is pretty quick on it ! And that`s not something anyone has said for donkey`s. The only chance he would have of winning again would be, if everyone had to ride CRT`s,and CS  JL   DP and a couple of other`s jacked it in. He should retire from bikesport and do something safer and easier.... like car racing.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

DH46.Sorry..Dirty Harry 46.

With,inside, on top of it, who cares ?.

I no doubt will have to swallow humble pie on the issue in the unlikely event that all the factory Yam/HRC riders crash out along with a couple of sat riders along with even Nick this year at the same event.

So,yeah,with or without Ducati. Go enjoy a rerun of Sepang 2010.

His Dirty Harry 44 Magnum days are history.

A second off the pace in Jerez is likely to translate into his standard 1.5 to 2 come fast circuits like Qatar.

Just as the CRT blokes will more likely revert back to 4 to 5 back at same event.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Rossi

A rider of his ability knows when to get the "sandbags" out or when to replace with the "handbags" the big question at Duke is is the rider bigger than the brand / many seem to think so. If he gets nowhere close by mid season its all over, and it will be off to the supers with another team, the relationship between him and duke will never recover, billions spent for no podium or win - sack em, never mind how good they were, you cannot continue bad after good. Would hate to see him leave better for the series to have him in it, these boards would be empty.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Revnev

Have you been smoking crack?.. The only thing that's changed sine 2009 is the bike. The competition is tough out there that's for sure, but anyone with half a brain would recognise that Rossi can still bring enough to the table given the right machinery. I'm hoping that Casey will bring home another title, but it's foolhardy to right VR off just yet.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices