Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Will Rossi win again with Ducati?

Ducati's yoyo fortunes continue, with a disappointing sixth fastest for Rossi at the latest Jerez test, but trust in the Desmosedici's front end on the grow, according to Rossi. So if you had to bet a year's salary on it now,  how would you place it? Tell us your thoughts on how you think the Rossi saga's going to end below....

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 March 2012 16:09)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

GOAT - even if he gets beat by Bradley Smith

Agree BennyHedgeHog - Val has nothing left to prove does he???? Perhaps that is part the problem. But even if he takes up mini moto racing and keeps coming last the guy remains the greatest of all time and when you think about it that is pretty spectacular.   

Reply to this Topic
Geepier

Jul 07

Geepier says:

Its down to Ducati

Unless Ducati improve the GP12 Rossi will not win this year. The gap to the front runners is way to big. At 33 he has also lost some of his edge, lets face it he isn't over the hill but to stay at the top in moto gp is tough and everyone has a shelf life. In reality Stoner has got a year or 2, well according to Mick Doohan comments. He said a  rider has 5 years at the top then its all downhill! Harsh but probably true in most cases?

I am a huge fan of motogp and have been since the mid 90's. Doohan ruled the game but his rule didn't exactly charm the crowd. Casey will be judged the same he rides, acts and dominates as Mick did probably even more so but blunt comments and seemingly a lack of personality didn't work for Mick and won't work for Casey

So before all the yellow pant orange trouser only sing when you're winning crawl back under a rock you mongrel bollocks starts yes Rossi was the greatest because he won the crowd re-invented the sport catapulted it to where it is today. Now its up to the current protagonists to pick up the torch.

He will retire this year and unless Dorna level the field then how long will the moto gp remain the best racing event on the planet?

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Faster1 says

the power of the fan

eclipses massive realistic expectations. I AM a prroud VR46 fan, but I'm also no fool. Spewing out how many times VR won a title, or the even more commical, "he did it for Yamaha - so he will do it for Ducati" is completely void of having anything in common. Different time, different competition, different bike, different rules, too many differences. TODAY!,, there is absolutly nothing that indicates with any real level of possibility that Mr. 46, on the Ducaati, is going to make up @ 1 second on the current 3 riders who are matched up on far more agreeable, faster bikes. That said, I would have eagerly ticked the "yes" box had he still been on the Yamaka. I still think that he is the GOAT, ,,

,but there are too many differences

I agree with this 100%. Sadly I don't think Rossi will win this year although I hope to be proved wong.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Goat with nothing left to prove?

Well the old Yellow Billy Goat  has certainly crossed his previously held notion that the grass is greener on the Ducati side of the fence off the list. He even seemed to have lost his knackers leaping over there. Perhaps it was barbed wire?

Nothing left to prove? He wouldn't be gridding up every fortnight just to get walloped by half the field if he had nothing left to prove. Every rider hates getting beaten. I can barely  imagine how much a rider of Rossi's pedigree hates it. You just know it's gnawing away at him.

Unlike Wosi's who's only in it for the pseudo mastubatory flagellation Rossi must desperately want to prove himself to himself first and foremost, and then all the way down the foodchain from his peers, Ducati and his team, to the circus hacks and finally to his little yellow Oompah Loompahs.

He's got plenty to prove. His ego demands it. Because as it stands right now the history books final entry will state - 'Ultimately failed'.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Shouldn't the question be "Will Rossi win for Ducati?'. He is paid to ride the thing for wins after all. Maybe I have got it back to front and Rossi is paying Ducati to provide him with a winning bike?

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Oh Benny

Of course I admire Rossi's record. As I have said many many time on here in the past.  Nobody can deny any of his 9 WC's were not thoroughly deserved.

2011 however served to review those achievements in a slightly different light though. Luck plays a part in our success or failure in all walks of life. Rossi was lucky with the degree of competition he faced in the early part of his career, and less lucky in these twilight years. He has also proven to be exceedingly good - by hook, or by crook - at making his own luck too.

But you Benny as a cynical pragmatist must admit that Rossi has tripped up over his own ego in painting himself into the red corner in 2010. Christ he's said as much himself.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

'Nothing left to prove' ... Sure he does. Development guru, can ride around problems to win, if Stoner could win a title for Ducati - surely he could with ease... It goes on. This is the pattern of comments since the start of the Rossi/Ducati relationship. 2011 preseason: he'll be on the podium with win half way through. 2011 half way: this season is just testing. He will design the 2012 machine and fight for the title. 2012 pre season: ohh, well he doesn't have anything to prove anyway... Sure, okay then.

Reply to this Topic
Moaner

Jun 11

Moaner says:

This is likely to be the only "Poll" Rossi get's in 2012 also!!

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

I see what you did there.... Nice.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Rossi as a rider?

He's a product of his time. Once was dominant but now shown to have a skill set lower certainly than Stoner, and probably Lorenzo (really, why else did he leave Yamaha?) - if not Pedrosa.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices