Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/You answer: Post-crash confidence crisis General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/You answer: Post-crash confidence crisis

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/You answer: Post-crash confidence crisis

I crashed on diesel six weeks ago, I'm still waiting on the insurer to pay out on the bike. I haven't ridden since and my confidence has plummeted. I feel like this might be it for me and bikes. Can anyone offer any advice before I make a decision? • Your advice could help. Leave a comment below and we'll publish...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 March 2012 17:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tl1000kid

Aug 02

tl1000kid says:

Trail riding

Buy a cheap trail bike and go do some green lanes - you will love it.

Reply to this Topic
Airsnark

Sep 11

Airsnark says:

get back on!

i recently lowsided my bike and i got straight back on a carried on riding, my advice would be get back on asap and if needed wait for good weather so you dont have to worry about that, next step if to scare yourself a bit which shouldn't be too hard seing as ur confidence is down, the more you scare yourself the more confidence u will gain as u realise oh that wasnt too bad afterall. Always remember the good times not the bad times, you cant miss out on riding because of one crash. Good luck man.

Reply to this Topic
nigelcollinson

Aug 11

Sounds silly, but..

Change your bike to a different model, avoid that stretch of road if you can, find some quiet roads. Just get back on pal. We've all done it.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

just get on a bike and ride..

Reply to this Topic
SVLydia

Apr 11

SVLydia says:

My brother almost died in a crash 2 months ago, it left him paralised from the waist down but he's determined to get back on! his bikes done, now he's just waiting for his track days in may ( i will ride with him on my bike)
my advice would be to go out with a friend riding with you first time your back on and build back up from there :) everyone comes off eventually, but the longer you wait the harder it will be to get back on, so dont worry about it, just enjoy being back on your bike :)

Reply to this Topic
Brutis42

Mar 12

Brutis42 says:

confidence

Hello!My name is Richard.I just want to say I hope your alright we've all been there and know how you feel the best thing you can do is get back on take it easy get use to the power and handling.I've been ridding since 1982 my first bike was a new off the show room Honda cb 650c I crashed it two times after that I had more respect for the brakes and how they worked.I scraper both sides I was very upset at myself being a brand new bike so I bought eng.gards for it.img took more time to get the feel of the bike.And I never had a problem since every new bike I bought after that.I take time and adjust.to the handling and braking,cornering now I love relying INS long ride in the country.Then in town.good luck and keep on rideing.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Confidence

If your confidence is shot then it could well be time to stop. Only you know if you can ever ride again dude. I would never encourage someone to ride if their heart is not in it any more. You need to look deep within and decide for yourself.

Reply to this Topic
alien2

Aug 02

alien2 says:

I got taken out by an idiot doing a u-turn.

The first time I went out on my own, everything was going fine until about 20 miles from home when a car came to a junction on my left. It stopped, but my nerve went. I pulled in to a parking place about 1/4 mile further up the road. I sat at the side of the road for about 1/2 hour wondering how I was going to get home. I did eventually ride home at about 25mph on a zx6r. Got home told the wife what happened and told her I was selling the bike. Couple of day’s later one of the guys she worked with called at the house. I had never met him before. Turned out he was an advanced instructor. Over the course of the next week I went out with him 3 times. Never looked back. So my advice is find someone who understands the problem and is willing to spend time helping you get your confidence back. Even if that means paying them.

Reply to this Topic
mark0711

Mar 11

mark0711 says:

All i can say is get back on straight away and never give up doing what you love

Reply to this Topic
johnnyhej

Mar 12

johnnyhej says:

post crash confidence

get back on a bike as soon as you can. you know why  you had the crash and you now know what to look out for! Its all a learning experience. I slid on diesel at a roundabout in my very early biking years and 30 years on i am still riding. Dont let this one experience put you off biking, be cautious, but dont stop biking , i am so glad i never stopped biking.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices