Skip to content

Discuss This You ask/You answer: What's the one race you've GOT to attend in person? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > You ask/You answer: What's the one race you've GOT to attend in person?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

You ask/You answer: What's the one race you've GOT to attend in person?

TV coverage is pretty amazing these days, so it takes a lot to convince me turning up is worth it. But I don't want to be a couch potato all my life. So what bike race is most dramatically improved as an experience by attending in person and why? • What's your advice? Leave a comment below and we'll publish the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (26 March 2012 17:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
imorlin

Mar 07

imorlin says:

MUGELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to the Moto GP at Donington for the last 10 years till 2009 but for the last two years and this year I'll be driving to Mugello. I've been to most uk tracks and a number of European tracks and Mugello is in my heart forever. The Italian take on rules and putting on a show are unsupassed. Action is fever pitched, the croud are like family and all you need to quallify is a passion for motorcycle racing that is above all else. The Italian comentary team must need sedating when they've finnished. Food and wine go without saying. Your friends for life are waiting to welcome you with open arms... What are you waiting for?  @Tuonojai

Reply to this Topic
draper12807

Feb 11

draper12807 says:

TT easily

Convenient, usually good weather for some reason and fucking insane. A gp or bsb event last a couple of days but the tt is 14 days (16 if you count the billown classic races) of racing at its best and where else can you ride the track they ride minutes after. It's a no brainer.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Brands WSBK easy, if only

It was back there ! An absolute fantastic weekend , racing and viewing great , venue and weather great AND campsite ? What an experience !

Reply to this Topic
DavieBob

Mar 12

DavieBob says:

That track in Scotland

I love Knockhill, ok it like stepping back in time and the chances of every race going ahead is low. But the changable weather makes for some exciting racing and while  you may get wet, you can guarrentee a good view. There just something about that that makes it a special track on top of a hill.

Reply to this Topic
ChimneyPortions

Oct 11

Imorlin

I have to agree with Imorlin, Mugello is pretty damn amazing.

Reply to this Topic
theglovenor

Jul 10

theglovenor says:

s100

southern 100 road races isle of man.

best organisers   best racers   best races   everyone is there because they love bikes      

close racing and overtaking that would have the motogp lot having hissy fits even without the stone walls!

and its in my home town!!

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Isle of man

Isle of man TT

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

A GP morning warm up

Try to attend a GP on a morning warm session, when it's not too busy.

Stand opposite the pits and listen to the bikes warming up, then experience the bikes pulling out onto the track, then coming past at speed within a few metres......amazing!

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

IOM

"Mugello" the ride from uk to Mugello ---awsom ,,   And Isle of Man TT  ( on a sunny day).

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

Thruxton BSB

The circuit is fast, it's closest to where I live, and if you are there with any of the team hospitality the trailers are next to the start finish straight and you get an amazing view.

I'd love to go to the IOM TT, but it conflicts with the peak periods for my job :(

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices