Skip to content

Discuss This Ben Spies: 1000s easier to ride in rain than 800s MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ben Spies: 1000s easier to ride in rain than 800s

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ben Spies: 1000s easier to ride in rain than 800s

The new generation 1000cc MotoGP bikes might have a lot more horsepower and are more of a physically demanding challenge to ride in the dry, but factory Yamaha rider Ben Spies says the new YZR-M1 is easier than an 800cc machine to ride in the wet. The Texan got chance to ride the Yamaha 1000cc bike in rain conditions during last...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (27 March 2012 13:34)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

He does look....

.....a bit big on the bike, but it doesn't seem to be an overly negative impact on his riding.  It certainly didn't hamper his progress at Assen last year did it?  After a poor set of results in 2011 he is going to have to ride the wheels off the bike this year to hold on to his ride though, but having said that Edwards held on to his factory M1 for three or four seasons with nothing but poor results (sorry Colin).  It will be interesting to see how Dovi's results pick up after a few races on the M1, and how Cal goes with a full season under his belt and no new tracks to learn.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Benny getting jealous of the shot Ben will win races and trounce your beloved Dovizioso in the process what was the gap at Assen last year 27 seconds behind the winner hahaha makes good reading does it not hahaha.

Oh and yeah what an awesome shot that is love it :)

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

1000s are beasts in the wet

It doesn't surprise me at all that they are finding the 1000s no quicker than 800s on the twisty tracks but that the 1000s are easier to ride in the wet than a 800 is a big surprise to me. I race a 1000, at a much lower level to these guys obviously, and it is anything but easy in the wet - it spins up everywhere even at low revs. Its a beast.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Ben will be a beast on a 1000cc bike I hope he reverts to his old style of riding the "Elbowz" style my favourite.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

He is not in SBK GYTR, if he goes back to "Elbowz" style means he won't be winning.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

WWB I saw in a recent interview Ben speaking about riding styles he says the "Elbowz" style is there not an easy thing to do changing your style of riding.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Benny the biggest wanker jealous of Spies and the success he has had 14 WINS 11 POLES CAN pussy girl Dovi achieve that or should I say when he loses his battles with other riders blames them and not himself style my ass Benny you're just another version of RobTZ the second jackass just like you.

Still bitter finishing 27 seconds behind at Assen last year because it will be more than that in 2012 bitchface.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

calm down elbowz!  the record books will show forever that, in 2011, Dovi finished 3rd with 228 points, with Spies in 5th on 176.  fact.  let the racing results speak for themselves in 2012.

and as for 2009, your hero finshed a gigantic 6 points ahead of Haga.  go figure.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

CosherB forget that. Its some tossers on here who don't give credit where its due I hope their faces are rubbed in the dirt how is Spies poor according to one twat on here get over it because that 3rd position is gonna be his in 2012.

Reply to this Topic
williewheelbreaker

Jul 08

What I really didn't realise was how Big Ben actually finished on 176 points two years in a row! That is impressive and you can't knock him too much for that since he did move up a place in the standings this year with that score. Anyway lighten up GYTR, Benny is just on the wind up, he isn't that bad. He is just the guy who has got you to take the bait this year. It was some other wind up merchant last year. Just stick to your guns without the abuse dude. Given fact that Ben's record on Proddie bikes is good but I don't think Dovi will be losing much sleep over Ben's achievements. Dovi has 10 GP wins, 57 GP podiums, 16 in Moto GP, runner up 2 years in a row in 250 GP! As for challenging Stoner...... how about stuffing him for 2nd at Mugello??? That was bad ass!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices