Skip to content

Discuss This BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012

The BBC’s extensive coverage of all 18 rounds of the 2012 MotoGP world championship will be shown in HD for the first time. The BBC today also confirmed its coverage plans for all 18 races, with the first race in Qatar on April 8 shown at 1930 BST, live on the Red Button and repeated at 2320 BST on BBC One...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 March 2012 15:05)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

All BBC was decent for was Suzi Perry when she presented it even though the only disappointing thing with her was she was always making visits to that Tech 3 garage when a certain rider who has now retired from motorcycle racing thats what took the piss with her presenting.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

BBC to show MotoGP in HD in 2012

About friggin' time!

I can watch footy, golf (sorry chaps!) and 99% of other programmes in HD and now at last MotoGp!

Thankyou Auntie Beeb.

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Here in Holland i can watch all the classes on pay TV wich i have to watch Arsenal. WSBK we have  sometimes Jamy Witham and Burnicle or 2 dutch dudes ( 1 ok the other one doesn"t have a clue). What i  wonder about, why does Burnicle mention the sponsor name with every rider ? for instance he never would say Nori Haga on the 41 Yamaha takes the BSB title(wishfull thinking on my part)  He would say Nori takes the title on a Swan Yamaha. As he would for a (Hanspree ten Kate Honda or A Santander bank Yamaha? Alitalia aprillia). I really like James Witham and the other brittish guy for their commentry wich is great., but no sponsor names please!! Whitham you rule, tell the the other dude

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

no

not steve parrish in hd, i bet you still get more f1 repeats on the red button through the week than motogp, used to piss me off,  they repeat motogp up to monday night, and f1 till the next race, load off crap, along with there commentary, eurosport any day.

Reply to this Topic
GuyGraham

Aug 02

GuyGraham says:

won't make any difference

HD or not, I still won't watch BBC coverage

Cox is annoying as hell

I still haven't fogotten when the BBC wouldn't even show the BritishGP, let alone the any of the other races, back in the nineties, coz they deemed them not have enough interest, leaving anyone without a dish no coverage of even their home GP - criminal!

Eurosport all the way, Moody & Ryder are so much better, and they don't talk as if you know nothing about bikes, unlike the patronising BBC

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Fantasy commentary team?

Jamie Whitham and Julian Ryder. With Freida Pinto in the pits

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Fantasy commentary team

Murray Walker and Valentino Rossi with Aishwarya Rai  in the pits.

Reply to this Topic
princeofrepsol

Mar 11

Guy graham

Yep the beeb definitely know their audience all they have to do is come here to understand that the British motogp fanbase has the same mentality as your average 13 year old schoolgirl, the fawning over the likes of simoncelli and Rossi being the most obvious point in case.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Now that takes me back....

Keith Huewen and Julian Ryder, World SBK coverage circa Foggy's 888/916 days. 

Keith joined Toby and Julian in the Eurosport commentary box during practise/qualifying for last years Brit GP, it was like a breath of fresh air.  His insights in to what the bike was doing on track were great.

I'd watch the Beeb commentary if it was Stavros and Huewen, it certainly would be entertaining, although you do need the more serious guy on mic to keep the comedy ex-racers in check......anything but Charlie bloody Cox though would be a bonus!

Reply to this Topic
trailler

Jul 09

trailler says:

bbc

you would have thought after the beeb lost f1 , they would have spent a bit more time and money on motogp.......still no sat qually!! . will motogp ever get the recognition it deserves?. :wink:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices