Skip to content

Discuss This BMW F800GS Trophy and Triple Black special editions ridden First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > BMW F800GS Trophy and Triple Black special editions ridden

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

BMW F800GS Trophy and Triple Black special editions ridden

Ever since I rode the brilliant Triumph Tiger 800 I've known with complete certainty that it was the best 800cc motorbike on the planet. Until now. Now I'm not so sure. I've just ridden the BMW F800GS Triple Black and F800GS Trophy Special Edition and they're very, very good. The F800GS Triple Black comes with a deep black paint finish, with...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (28 March 2012 17:11)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
asstoot

Jan 12

asstoot says:

AHA1

well said :)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

KTM?

Thats all very well if you have legs as long as a supermodel, show me a KTM where someone with 28" inside leg like me can get both feet on the floor!

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

Zoobaz , ballsdeep and asstoot....good posts .
A very accurate summary of the Triumph v BM situation.

Reply to this Topic
stuarthw

Sep 09

stuarthw says:

I rode a rentalTriumph 800XC around California for 48 hours on a recent trip. 

Initially, for the first 100 miles I thought, " I'm changing my F650GS for one of these as soon as I get back to the uk!". However, after 2 days, my affections had reverted back to the BMW.

This afternoon I'm making an offer for a 6 month old triple black F800GS.

The Triumph is incredibly stable, looks great, provides a smooth engine and perfect soundtrack.

However, I found it to be very thirsty ( and uk fuel will soon be £3 a litre when the pound depreciates further) 
The engine gave off unbearable amounts of heat straight onto my legs.
I missed the BMW turning circle ( the Triumph is like an HGV when completing U turns ! Finally I think , as others alluded to , the BMW brand could be argued offers more clothing/social events/biking fun. (I'm off to Garmish next year )

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices