Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner: Hard to judge Ducati potential MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner: Hard to judge Ducati potential

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner: Hard to judge Ducati potential

Reigning MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner says it is difficult to gauge the potential of Ducati’s new factory GP12 ahead of the start of the new 1000cc era in Qatar next week. Ducati has rolled out a radically revised concept this season including a new engine position and conventional aluminium twin spar chassis to try and improve front-end performance with the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 March 2012 11:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

There are some words missing out of that headline

"if", "have" and "any" ;)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Casey is correct what he is saying here anyways roll on the first race not long to go.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

what noyes article?

I only saw the recent one about Stoner being even faster than he looks. Got a link?

And hugelean, that "equation" doesn't make any sense. I would know too, i've seen enough of them in my time.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Fair comment from Casey

Much new about the bike and the rider's are still trying to find their limit with it. Therein lies a muted venom I think. The trying to find their limit bit.

Nevetheless,I'll reserve judgement until next weekend. For the current Ducati riders,the GP12 seems to be a more predictable,adaptable and compliant/softer tool to work with than the firebreathing 800 was.

Reply to this Topic
hugelean

Oct 07

hugelean says:

Weskit one and the same article there's 5 pages..... The equation wasn't meant to work... I think casey would have been a lot less successful on the duke if it had been slower than the honda and the yam and he was on michis.. which is where the current ducati team find themselves..Yam Honda and Michelin all dropped the ball the same season in 2007 that won't happen again..If they do win anything( and I reckon they will) it will be pretty special... Very interesting points raised by Dennis concerning tyres, that motogp has been ostensibly using the tyres(BS) design specifically for Casey since the intro of the single tyre rule, considering he likes a different tyre to everyone else it raises a few eyebrows no wonder he is complaining about the new tyres!!...and that the duke was quite a bit slower than the yam and honda in the engine department..unless of course Presiozi is holding it back as he did in 2007.. Not convinced of that myself mind..

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

put ur calculators away

god iv read some bollox on these forums but its getting worse, has anybody read the article?

Reply to this Topic
weskit

Jun 10

weskit says:

yeah, yeah, ...

And I think Rossi would have won a lot less world championships if he'd spent his first 5 seasons on a ducati. But we'll never know will we?

You're twisting that article through some amazing contortions. No-where does it say anything about "tyres designed specially for casey", he was just better at getting heat into them than anyone else. Melandri in 2008 was apparently horrified to discover his tyres ran 20 degrees cooler than Stoner's did.

Stoner and Pedrosa BOTH prefer the 24, if you apply your Occam's razor you'd realise that means they probably suits the honda more than the 21. I think the racing would be a lot closer if Bridgestone supplied a wider range of tyres so that teams could choose which ones suit their bikes best. Who knows, maybe kawasaki would still be on the grid. Law of unintended consequences Senor Ezpeleta.

Reply to this Topic
Jerrard

Aug 09

Jerrard says:

Tyres

Seems to me everyone has an opinion in regards to Stoner with the tyres..However, many seem to have forgotten that when Rossi was with Michelin for years, and when ever the "supplied" tyres didn´t suit him, Michelin would simply make a new set in France and fly them out especially for him..And only him... Malandri himself thinks Rossi may not have won so many championships if it had not been for these special "Rossi" tyres...

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

New Era,New Bike

The past era,800 is a history of Stoner/ Ducati/Honda triumph,stats etc.Yamaha/Rossi/Lorenzo stats. Fresh start. The 1000cc era.

Stoner and Ducati cakewalked the 800cc inception year of 2007.

Now !!! Which rider joined a new factory team for 2012 from a sattelite team using a different manufacturer's bike with inferior kit  and reformed engine displacement. None,I guess.

Stoner went from Sat Honda/3rd tier Michelin V5 990 rookie in 2006 to Factory Duc 800/Bridgestone L4 800 in 2007. Michelin shod riders still grabbed the lion's share of results that season on aggregate of entries,results,final points standings etc.

The Qatar race 2012 is 1000cc and a new era of which none have new era race experience of.

Complaining about Michelin 2007 is plain foolish. Check the Michelin average results for the season.

Hardly Stoner's fault that Rossi/Pedrosa/Yamaha/HRC/Michelin came 2nd and 3rd in 2007, eh Hugelean, or was it all about Ducati/Capirex/Bridgestone HP and grip  ?

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Astounding perception

I think casey would have been a lot less successful on the duke if it had been slower than the honda and the yam and he was on michis

Really..!!??  How would you know how the Bridgestones stacked up against the Michelins and how the Ducati stacked up against the Honda and Yam. Ridden them all and tried all the set up variables to make an evaluation..??

As usual, another attempt to discredit Stoner's wins. But it was fine for Rossi to enjoy specilaist equipment and tyres that no-one else was allowed. You could also say Rossi would have been a lot less successful if he had been riding a Proton or an Aprilia - but you won't as you're happy he had any advantage to help him win. As anyone would he made the most of it.

Why don't you give up on it - for every denigrating remark you can think of to devalue Stoner's record, there are more that people can throw back to do the same to Rossi's. What's the point.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle