You are in... Forums > General > General > Petrol stations, removing helmets

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

GixxerDream

Nov 08

GixxerDream says:

Petrol stations, removing helmets

Why don't we make a stand?????????????????

Lets stop using petrol stations that for some reason seem to believe all bikers are guilty until proven innocent.

I'm going to make a start of petrol stations demanding the removal of helmets before filling.

The BP petrol station at the top of Churwell hill, Morley, West Yorkshire.

All Morrison’s.

Keep this thread going please. It’s really pissing me off now.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 March 2012 12:36)

Post a message in General

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

gixxerdream

Vote with your feet,go some where else.(if you can)But make sure you make a big fuss,arm waving,gesticulating and lots of complaining.:biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

I always take mine off anyway.

Don't see what the big problem is.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Removing helmet

In (almost) 34 years of riding I have never been asked to remove my helmet in a petrol station.

Maybe I just have an aura of innoncence about me :biggrin:   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
750FLYER

Nov 04

750FLYER says:

I've been asked

before... and I understand the reasons, It's not the end of the world to remove it really except when i'm on my way to work at 5am, it's cold and i'm all snug in the lid the last thing I wanna do is remove it and at that time of day they never ask me too

I used to get very angry about it and I found the best way to piss them off is to throw the nozzle onto the floor, remount and ride off.... But really.....

...Is it worth it??

I was once in a petrol station and a little scooter c*nt in a track suit pulled up and filled up at the next pump.. he gave me a nod like to say 'hey.. we're all bikers eh?'.. He filled up and rode off without paying and giving me a nod as if to say 'hey.. you saw nothing right mate?'...

I gave his number plate to the cashier... Little fucking twat.. and i'd punch the cunt if I ever saw him again! cunts like him are the reason we have to remove lids!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

Personally

I take it off anyway mostly. I have occasionally used an open face one and left it on without a problem, but I tend to use the same filling station most of the time and they recognise me (or the bike) anyway.

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

lid

I was asked at the till in Morrisons a few years ago and i refused,they asked why,so i said i`ve an ugly face.Paid up and left.

Another reason is say your wearing a burka underneath.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

Only been asked once

when paying, so removed my lid, placed it on their sweet display next to the till, as no-where else to put it (and it wasn't going on the floor).

Got my wallet out, paid, picket up the lid, and unfortunately most of his sweet display came with it and fell on the floor. Ooohps...

Reply to this Topic
roseyeric

Oct 11

roseyeric says:

would just

like to set the record straight. Not all Morrisons. I've never been asked to remove my helmet at the pumps at my local Morrisons. Always remove it when entering the shop, so not sure whether that's the difference.

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

This again?

it comes round and round and round and the subject never dies!

Reply to this Topic
Richnotrich

Apr 11

Richnotrich says:

Haha subject never dies

along with chain or shaft, the biker nod, which bike should I buy and a host of other mundane stuff.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle