Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike

On Monday, petrol tanker drivers from Unite, which represents drivers who deliver 90% of Britain's petrol, voted to strike after a dispute over pay and conditions. Downing Street has since encouraged drivers to make 'contingency plans', which has led to drivers panic buying as much fuel as they can. So with Britain's drivers pumping the forecourts dry, and the tankers due on strike, MCN...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 March 2012 15:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
oxenhoper

Feb 06

oxenhoper says:

My BMW F800S regurlaly gets 200 mile + out of a tank avg 58 mpg

Reply to this Topic
oxenhoper

Feb 06

oxenhoper says:

Pity tank only lasts a weekend :o)

Reply to this Topic
mrnutt

Dec 10

mrnutt says:

I can get over 225 miles out my thundercat if i'm good

Reply to this Topic
mgmt585

Mar 12

mgmt585 says:

Bigger 125s

My '11 cbf125 generally gets 110-120mpg (official figure 134). I normally get over 300 miles to the 13L tank (once 350), and as with many modern 125s, it's fine for my 6' 2" frame. Just wouldn't recommend it for anything other than town riding.

Reply to this Topic
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

MPG

It's a nice story but none of us will have the opportunity to go and buy one of these machines before the stations run dry - so it's irrelevant.

With the car full I have a range of about 480 miles. I filled the VFR after a ride out on Tuesday so that will be good for 180 miles or so.  My Fazer is empty so that'll get filled up later this evening giving me another 170 miles before the fuel light comes on.

That should be enough to out-last the fuel shortage :biggrin:    

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mpg

my old r reg cb250 is as exciting as drinking warm water to ride .but hey 80plus to the gallon theres no way im selling this baby.

Reply to this Topic
dazlin

Apr 06

dazlin says:

My CBR600 regularly returns 55MPG so that's well over 200 miles before all the reserve lights start flashing!

Reply to this Topic
garethfenn

May 06

garethfenn says:

BMW F800R

Had above courtesy bike while some warranty work was done to my bike. I rode it pretty hard and got 60+ mpg. I believe all the 800cc parallel twin BMW range are equally as impressive

Reply to this Topic
Tazonblackbird

Mar 12

Had 250 out of Varadero 1000 and even 185 on Blackbird, then it was winter :)

Reply to this Topic
mcrmike

Feb 06

mcrmike says:

pathetic

Your choices of bikes to eek out your fuel are pathetic! 50mpg!! my car does better than that? My CG125 can't do less than 100mpg  . Get real MCN. And your revamp of the paper next week better be good.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices