Skip to content

Discuss This Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Motorcycles to ride out the fuel strike

On Monday, petrol tanker drivers from Unite, which represents drivers who deliver 90% of Britain's petrol, voted to strike after a dispute over pay and conditions. Downing Street has since encouraged drivers to make 'contingency plans', which has led to drivers panic buying as much fuel as they can. So with Britain's drivers pumping the forecourts dry, and the tankers due on strike, MCN...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (29 March 2012 15:40)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
guzzi1200

Mar 12

guzzi1200 says:

Moto Guzzi Norge

Typical of MCN miss out the Moto Guzzi range. The Norge with a 24ltr tank giving 230 mile, the Stevlio with its 33ltr tank givinhg upwards of 250 miles. You choose bikes wit ha pathetic 185 ,iles asa range suitable to beat the tanker driver dispute. Tha twould only last a true biker 1 or 2 days.

Reply to this Topic
vachequipis

Dec 11

vachequipis says:

Sportster

My Sportster will just about get me to the nearest bar, I then tank up and don't have far to walk home. ;)

Reply to this Topic
Carlosoul

Jul 08

Carlosoul says:

Honda CB500...

18 litre tank and if I dont thrash it can get 260miles out of the beauty.

What a bike

Reply to this Topic
cyclelife

Jun 10

cyclelife says:

Triumph Sprint GT1050

Never less than 52 MPG two up touring with all the gear. 50+ MPG Sunday thrash :)

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

All these figures prove is how pathetic bike tank ranges are. I can fill my Seat Ibiza up, get 58mpg and do over 500 miles. But thats just transport, my bike is my passion coz if it was regular transport, it would be useless having to find juice 3 times as often. Lets not have any more of these embarrassing pages, it only gives fuel to the anti-bike lobby.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

And another thing......

The KTM works out at around 21.5mpg! Not very impressive. Roll on the development of diesel bikes. Look how good they have been developed for cars. Now if they did the same thing for bikes, we might have something to brag about.

Reply to this Topic
452bee

Mar 12

452bee says:

Suzuki Gladius

My gladius consistently does 58/60mpg whether m/way, town or rural riding (although my vanvan used to do 95mpg...)

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

Even on an XJR 1300 with high lift cams, bigger jets and flowed carb inlets with a baffleless Beowulf stainless exhaust system I'm still pushing 45-48mpg on average....

Tank range about 150ish if not being harsh..

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Dire

These are all pathetic MPGs. Really. There are bikes out there getting way better MPG but you're missing them out. How about mentioning a 125 for the really cost conscious? 50mpg is the worst I will accept on a bike... C'mon, this really isn't an article with any effort put in at all.

Reply to this Topic
viaciofano

Nov 04

viaciofano says:

I get 45mpg from my 1998 ducati 916. Fuel consuption is great when you compare to the power but not to fuel sipping cars. Cant compare unless you get out the cg125....

vinnychoff

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices