Skip to content

General The Bikers "nod" for moped riders. Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > The Bikers "nod" for moped riders.

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jimjambutty

Mar 12

jimjambutty says:

The Bikers "nod" for moped riders.

I enjoy the bikers nod and the feeling of community that gives us....................even though its absolutely possible that the other biker is a total wanker. After all, we have all seen the real emergency programs. Not all crashes are caused by cars. Many by idiots flying around corners too fast. Now....I nod to moped and scooter too. Mostly they dont notice or dont reply. I know most of them will either die early or get cars..............but SOME surely become oustanding members of the motorcycling community. Should we nod or ignore..............or give a "special" nod or gesture. I feel I know whats coming!!! Any thoughts?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (30 March 2012 16:17)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Nod

unless they're driving like cocks.

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

OK

IVE HAD THE PED ETC DONE MY CBT ETC

SO IM SORRY I DONT EVER NOD TO MOPED RIDERS THEY HAVE TO MOVE ON UP  2 B ACCEPTED AS I DID

SOZ ITS JUST EARNING YOUR WINGS

I BEEN THAIR !:ph43r:

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

I nod to ALL riders

no matter what they are on. When I was 16 [that's 46 years ago] and just starting out I had a little NSU 49cc moped. One day it just stopped and left me stranded not knowing what to do. Shortly after, a man on a a huge great Norton 650 pulled up and asked 'whats up kid?' I shamefully had to mumble 'don't know, it just stopped'............ he broke out his tool kit and had my bike in what to me was a 1000 bits [actualy all he did was take out the spark plug then pull the bottom off my carbureter where he found a mess of crud which he removed and flushed out by turning on the fuel for a second or 2. Within what seemed like moments he had got my little moped going again and with a big grin wished me well and was gone. My hero :smile Now THAT little episode has stuck with me all those years and no matter what I have been riding, be it a scooter, a Big Harley, a Hayabusa or most recently a Bonneville I will nod or even wave to another person on a bike, scooter or moped. Even trike and quad riders will get a nod. And yes, I have stopped quite a few times to offer help to someone stopped at the roadside remembering how someone once stopped to help me out when I was stranded.    

Reply to this Topic
brutale r

Dec 07

brutale r says:

gunga

m8 arnt you up yourself

Reply to this Topic
JamieAldo93

Apr 12

JamieAldo93 says:

Nod

Alot of other bikers nod at me and I always nod back but if its a boiling hot day and I "stupidly" decide to ride with my t shirt on, the nods drop down!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
philwill65

Mar 11

philwill65 says:

Nod

:smile Cos it reminds us that we're all a biker family no matter what the ride we're on and the peds or 50cc or 125s are all just first bikes on which we all had to start.

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Friendly nod

We ought to acknowledge and look out for each other or we will get like the cyclists , they are the most miserable bunch to each other . Be kind to moped riders as they also ride other machines too ! Like me on the Suzuki 50 .

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Moped

There`s only one thing better than a Roadie and that`s two Roadie`s ! Then it`s on to this one on my 73 rd birthday ride .

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
RoadieRoger

Mar 09

RoadieRoger says:

Are you seeing double ?

First pic. doesn`t appear so you try again and two come up , delete one and both disappear . Still who wouldn`t want two X7`s .

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices