Ask an Expert MCN Insurance Comparer Insurance

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Insurance > MCN Insurance Comparer

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

badcompanybiker

Mar 12

MCN Insurance Comparer

Ive just Checked this out , and im confused , the qoutes shown are a £1000 ( yes one thousand) cheaper than what i was paying , with more features and better cover ... Should i be suspicious ?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 March 2012 13:29)

Post a message in Insurance

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
TheJoyRider

Mar 12

TheJoyRider says:

MCN Insurance Comparer

Hi,

Rates vary, but I would suggest you double check what you have entered on the site is correct, may I ask why you continued to look for insurance apparently after you have found one to buy? Most people get a load of quotes, choose the cheapest and be done with it...

The Joy Rider

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
gjkt

Jul 09

gjkt says:

Insurance

Lots of things can make a difference to the price of insurance. Being a year older, gaining another years experience, change of job for example. Try checking again using the Meerkats or Tesco compare sites to see if they are comparable.

Just got the renewal for the wifes CBF600, £189 fully comp. Thats £100 more than last year. A quick google and Hastings are doing better cover for £72 with lower excess.

Pays to shop around. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
badcompanybiker

Mar 12

I continued to look because im the kinda guy that hates niggling feelings , turns out it was true my insurance could be nearly 1000 pound cheaper , i think its due to the fact ive just had my birthday and therefore my experience has risen slightly , thanks for the replies though guys !

Reply to this Topic
Richard T

Aug 07

Richard T says:

Beware MCN compare!

My renewal quote from my existing insurer (Bennett's) was £195.99 plus Legal at £29.99 and Helmet/leathers at £48. Went on MCN Compare to see if I could do any better; same details - only 1 quote returned: £648 incl legal! What a waste of time!

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Never a waste of time

I did a whole round of go compare, moneysupermarket, confuseddotcom and asda bike and finished up with MCN. Quotes were coming in from £301 to about £450 with varying options, like breakdown cover, protected NCB (which is 3 years for me now) and excess from £0 to £1,000. I ended up paying about £360 with Bike Devil via MCN after the guy called me and told him about the best of the rest and I now have no excess, protected NCB, breakdown cover, pillion, european riding and riding other bikes which is a really good deal. However, I'm prepared to spend maybe two hours putting details into websites and taking follow-up calls to save myself a couple of hundred quid, if that's not worth it for you then fair enough.

Reply to this Topic
KimLondon

Jan 08

KimLondon says:

Oh, and

it includes legal and leathers too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN