Skip to content

Discuss This West quits Supersonic BMW for QMMF in Moto2 British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > West quits Supersonic BMW for QMMF in Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Sports Desk  says:

West quits Supersonic BMW for QMMF in Moto2

A week before the first race of the BSB season, Anthony West has walked out on the Supersonic BMW team to join the QMMF Racing Team in Moto2. In a press release from QMMF, West is quoted: “It’s great to be back in Grand Prix racing, with a team that operates on such a highly professional level and with the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (31 March 2012 15:46)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
NOTiFY

Aug 02

NOTiFY says:

BSB

@BennyHedgehogs Totally agree. All BSB does is allow the riders to be home in time to watch Downton Abbey on Sunday evening.

Reply to this Topic
grayzx7r

Aug 02

grayzx7r says:

A Gentleman -Not

He might be able to ride a bike fairly fast but has not yet learnt such things as integrity,honesty,loyalty.I hope one day he is suitably rewarded

Reply to this Topic
fazer610

Apr 12

fazer610 says:

why did west go

simple is it because he is one of the all time underrated riders, who just needs the right machine, luck etc etc or just a money grabbing antipodean git. I'm sure his talent will answer the question after all look at his past record, er well thats that then.

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

gayzx7r

The bmw team said they would expect any rider to go, as any rider would...... even 1 week out from motogp, ask any rider in WSB, any rider... we have a spot on a motogp bike, do you want it, bye bye WSB and hello motogp..... i bet anything that any rider would go...and you would too

Reply to this Topic
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Anyone care!

Was anyone excited about him being in BSB…….thought not.

Haga makes a good addition to the grid and brings international recognition to the championship, as did Hopper last year. Personally I would rather his seat was filled by one of our home riders. Besides Im willing to bet a cup of tea and bacon roll he achieves little in Moto2.

Reply to this Topic
madasthecat

May 09

madasthecat says:

waste of space westy

average rider on an average bike - he wont be missed, never really rated him anyway. lets get some young british talent to replace him

Reply to this Topic
f3aok

Sep 06

f3aok says:

anthony west bsb ride.

Cant see any team trusting him if he loses this moto 2 ride.Pretty low to let the team down a week before first race. 

Reply to this Topic
animal47

Apr 12

animal47 says:

Well that's the bsb part of my league ballsed up, cheers westy.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Bennyhedgehog

Yes I am way past 21 but still behave like a child ! The funny thing is I actually bumped into the real benny from crossroads not so long back ,he still looks as gormless as ever He was actually at a motor auction I said to him ,your still doing a bit of mechanical work then , my son didn't have a clue who he was until he saw him on the internet on the Peter Kay video of his proclaimers cover ,Anyway glad you enjoyed the giggle and you must be old to have got it !

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

Tommy Bridewell has got the ride.

Great news, be good to have another British charger on the grid. He should go well with the BMW.

Shiny side up tommy. Hopefully supersonic are in it for the year, then have a bunch of data before they change the WSB rules.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices