Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

jonatscuny

Apr 12

jonatscuny says:

pillion

hi all new to this so be patient

i have a kawasaki ZX-9R W reg 24500 miles

i have had my licience almost a year now and would like to take the wife out for a spin on the bike, we are both a little over weight me being the bigger, and i was wondering if there is a max weight the bike will take

dont want to get rid of the bike but will i have to get something more suitable for us both

please help

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 April 2012 11:17)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Sturdy Bike

Welcome jonatscuny, I had a ZX9R C1 model back in 2000, its as big and sturdy a sportsbike as you will ever get and if any sportsbike can take a "slightly heavier" load (trying to be tactful here, ha ha) then this would be it, you should maybe adjust your suspension though, if you are going to be taking your wife out regularly then might be worth changing to something more practical in the future, if you want to keep the sporty feel then something like a Busa or ZX12 might be worth considering? saying that maybe a bit soon for these with just a year riding under your belt??, otherwise you could look at XJR 1300, GSX 1400 etc, which are great for two up and have loads of grunt for fun as well, Cheers 

:winkie:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

load

178 kg,

http://www.kgrant.co.uk/Data/e1.pdf

If possible put monoshock on max settings and try rear tyre pressure on 48 psi.

Go easy and don`t frighten the boss. 

Reply to this Topic
jonatscuny

Apr 12

jonatscuny says:

too heavy

thanks for that fellas that puts us at way too much for the bike but me and a little 9 stone bird would be ok lol :laugh:

best start looking for another bike

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

pillion

You could change the boss for a lighter model or buy the boss a bike.:blink:

Reply to this Topic
jonatscuny

Apr 12

jonatscuny says:

specs

been looking at a zzr1200 today on an 05 plate do you think that would take 33 stone

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

load

My brother-in-law was 22stone and my sister was 10st on a zzr1100 years back with no problem.Also they had no luggage.As my first post about rear suspension and test the front on practise breaking.If you weigh less than the boss buy her a bike.:shock:

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Breaking????????

Think you would do better to practice "BRAKING" rather than" BREAKING", but what the fuck would I know :lol:

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

breaking

I was breaking the cans open last nite,:tongue:

Reply to this Topic
Amateurcynic

Jun 09

Amateurcynic says:

Another Option

Would be to get an aftermarket shock from somewhere like Maxton or Hagon etc. They'd set it up for whatever weight you like (don't forget the luggage!). Got an old blade of mine set up by Maxton after chatting with them for what suited my needs. It was expensive but by hell it were worth it, probably the best mod I've ever done!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices