Skip to content

Discuss This Imola WSB: Checa does the double World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Imola WSB: Checa does the double

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Imola WSB: Checa does the double

Althea Ducati rider Carlos Checa has won both WSB races at Imola today to take the lead in the championship. It was the same story as race one, with pole setter Tom Sykes getting off to a flyer and leading the race by up to 2.6 seconds and setting a new lap record of 1:47.553, before Checa slipped past on lap 15. Sykes...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (01 April 2012 15:27)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

wsbk never ceases to amaze

another great round of wsbk's and great to the brits up there kicking ass,sykes is fast on the new zx10,good luck to the next round, very enjoyable days racing.well done to sam lowes.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Shame

......that Tom couldn't hold on but equally a great w'end for him and the team. Good ride from Haslam too in the 2nd race.

And 'ditto' re- Sam. (thumbsup)

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

The Ducatis are seriously disadvantaged by the rules don't you know...

I like Checa and I'm always happy to see him winning - he is a great personality and racer - but I'm sick of the Ducati rider moaning about their "handicap" over the inline fours. Yawn yawn. There is clearly nothing wrong with them. Although I suspect Checa's is a fair bit quicker than Sylvain's.   

Reply to this Topic
Rossifan4life

Oct 11

Great racing day

I was a bit surprised to see Sykes hold off late charge from Haslam in second race, so hats off to him. Congrats to Checa, we all know that he's great at tire management, so to see him catch and pass sliding kawa was expected. Hope that Tom can carry on this form throughout the season, coz that beautiful green/black kawasaki is nice refreshment for the eye's :)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Damn I completly missed this :( Well Checa has sent a message to the paddock already I am not giving up on my title. Whats more pleasing is a Kawasaki on the podium sad Hopper is not racing due to injury. Sykes could be a dark horse for the title me thinks.

Reply to this Topic
TinkerNZ

Oct 09

TinkerNZ says:

Regulations

the only way their going to stop the duke is to make it tow a trailer.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

They need to sort out this power/weight and torque/weight parity issue. They need to average the two indices and come up with a number that will be acceptable to all types of bikes.

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

well done carlos!

big thanks to carlos checa because there's a reason to smile from ducati factory. Filipo was jumping for joy and showed his support to his wsbk team. I hope it will carry that form this sunday when they hit the track of qatar. Im just hoping that ducati will build a crt bike with this engine. Nice ride from sykes and haslam. Want to see them in motogp next season.

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Not MOTO GP

Veronicaisl

I want to see Haslam and Sykes remain in WSBK and challenge for the title, rather then go into MOTO GP have to learn the ropes and without access to the top machinery couldn't challenge.

I really want to see Haslam win the WSBK title. IMO the Halsams are the Royalty of British Motor Cycle Racing.

However in BSB and WSBK he has been close but never quite manged it. It appears that the BMW is delveloping rapidly if look at the progress and he may well do it. 

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I can't see much stopping Carlos

I hope Tom Sykes can maintain his speed over the whole season and tweak tyre conservation into the set up. I can't remember the last time I saw a Kawasaki going that quickly, I'm pretty sure it was Scott Russell.

Did anyone watch Superstock and notice just how fast the Panigale is? Ok, it only came third on its racing debut but the pick up and drive particularly out of Rivazza down to Traguardo was startling.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices