Skip to content

Discuss This Ten Kate blasts Pirelli for inconsistent tyres World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Ten Kate blasts Pirelli for inconsistent tyres

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Michael Guy  says:

Ten Kate blasts Pirelli for inconsistent tyres

Ten Kate Honda boss Ronald ten Kate has raised serious concerns over the performance of the Pirelli tyres used in World Supersport after his rider Broc Parkes was ruled out of a potential podium finish at Imola. Parkes who finished third in Australia last month saw any chance of a repeat performance end within the first three laps of the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 April 2012 10:17)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bleedin' 'eck

I've never seen a tyre so rooted, and all after only 5 laps?!

This is not the first time we've read such a refrain regarding Pirelli quality control. Surely all race day tyres should be coming from exactly the same batch to avoid any possible rogue tyre problem. Although it would appear that this particular tyre was not fully baked given this degree of cold shearing.

Piss poor performance Pirelli.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Seriously fragged

I might understand if it had come off a Superbike but it's come off a bleeding 600! I've only ever seen one tyre that looked even remotely like that and it was attached to what was left of a very broken ZX-10.

Reply to this Topic
mozart

Nov 10

mozart says:

Wow

Just wow will do.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Pireill need to learn their lesson I have always considered them as a very good tyre company hopefully I never see this again.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

When I first saw these I thought there must have been something wrong with the rear shock ,but its the same shock on both. Bloody hell...

Reply to this Topic
fazer610

Apr 12

fazer610 says:

poor quality control from an Italian company, now there's a shocker

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

Tyre wear has always paid it's part in racing but the Superbike Class is becoming a competition to see who can make there tyres last the best.

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I wouldn't put a Pirelli on a trikey let alone a Superbike.

Reply to this Topic
andyb1963

Sep 07

andyb1963 says:

Control Tyres !

The season has only just started and it sems once again the substandard tyres decide who wins the race and who has  the  big crashes . Surely we need competition back as this control tyre rule which has spread across the sport seems to just leaves teams trying to pick a tyre that isn't gonna fall apart and make their whole weeks work a waste of time. If were not going to get rid of control tyres then there must be some penalty inroduced for tyre companies being so slap-dash

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

I was a fan of control tyres but not when this is happening.  just once in a season is out of order.  Teams spend millions to be there on the grid on race day.  Very naughty Pirrelli.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices