You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Technical > Sinnis Apache 125

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

JamieAldo93

Apr 12

JamieAldo93 says:

Sinnis Apache 125

Hello, I'm totally new to biking and a few weeks ago bought myself a 2012 Sinnis Apache 125 & have been having quite some fun on it, allot of people who I have spoken to have told me I should get the bike de-restricted. I was wondering as I just about know where the petrol goes could anybody help me out with this, what is the re stricter? where is it on the sinnis? who can take it out? and most importantly... is it a good idea to take it out?. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 April 2012 10:55)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
MarcusMarsh

Aug 09

MarcusMarsh says:

Sinnis 125

Most 125's these days are not restricted.  They are designed and built to put out 12 bhp.  I would not waste your time and money looking for additional performance.   

Reply to this Topic
AdieR

Apr 08

AdieR says:

As MM

4-stroke 125s are designed to comply with CBT limits (ie 125cc / 14.6bhp) so the bike is unlikely to be restricted.

Trying to go for more performance is probably a bad idea: your insurance will need to know due to modification, reliability can suffer, and going above your CBT power limit could see Mr Plod having you for "driving otherwise than in accordance with your licence".

As a footnote, your bike is a 2012 (new) machine, in which case it'll be under warranty - tampering with the bike will invalidate your warranty.

Reply to this Topic
Lil125Guy

Oct 11

Lil125Guy says:

Leave the modifications

to a couple of stickers and tank pad :smile

It will be near impossible to sell if you have tampered with the engine anyway :mellow:

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices