Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have

Loris Capirossi reckons Valentino Rossi and Ducati need to be given more time to prove the new factory GP12 machine is the bike to put the Italian in a position to challenge Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s domination of MotoGP. A radical new GP12 was scheduled to have only nine days on track ahead of this weekend’s first race in Qatar...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 April 2012 11:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

veronicaiskiibndjsjnvjdjskclbgleh

Best bikes + Best riders + Out of control spending = Dull, boring, mind numbing racing

Cheap bikes + Great riders + Solid, sensible rules & budgets = A championship that was decided on the last lap of the last race of the season by 6 x 1000's of a second. Thats BSB by the way

I love MotoGP but I fear for its future

Fingers crossed Jorge can take it to Stoner this year and Rossi is even semi-competitive. I watched the 2011 Phillip Island round again over the weekend which was apparantly race of the year. What a load of shite, the only excitement came from a shower 3 laps from the end and the inevitable loss of the front end for Rossi as he was charging through the field. I really do hope for a vast improvement this year

WSBK was awesome at the weekend, great rides from Tom & Leon + Camier & Rea gave a good showing on less than competitive machinery

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

WSBK is good no doubt but MotoGP is the pinnacle where every rider wants to be but the races haven't been exciting the only ones I can think of are.

1 Mugello last year

2 Sachensring 2011

3 Catalunya 2009

4 Laguna Seca 2008

Those four but the best one for me would have to be the last race of the 800cc era at Valencia even though I was disappointed Spies missed out on the win by 0.015 seconds it was still a very good race beating the other two Repsols was some consolation.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Capirex makes a point

10,20 or 30 years of alloy beam development is not something Ducati have been able to conquer overnight.

The decision to go alloy beam was not a Ducati unilatteral decision,it was at the behest of Rossi/Burgess primarily to assist Rossi.

Most times when you want to get out of jail,you have to use the tools at your disposal. Some can,some can't.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

giraffe

we all know that capo, rossi needs to face facts, even hodgson had a good honest dig on eurosport on wsbk, did anyone see that btw???? get back to what you know rossi.just not on this bike ,no shame.

Reply to this Topic
R6nutter6

Jan 04

R6nutter6 says:

Ducati need to ditch the L4 for a more compact V4 motor to enable them to have better weight distribution and get Rossi more over the front. Either that or Rossi needs to leave Ducati. For all the mud slinging on here about Rossi vs Stoner. The world champion doesn't just lose skill, although Rossi's confidence will have taken a severe battering. The Ducati seems to be a one rider bike and unfortunately that rider now rides for Honda.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The world according to Hardlylean

Preziosi must be Mr four stroke as Hardlylean has him first as a TDC genius, then a BDC plonker throughout 2011, a TDC genius again with the advent of the GP zero & 12, finally BDC once more as Rossi fails to make a perfectly good motorcycle work yet again.

Yet another tool blaming the tools. Still working up to that half a clue level I see HL.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

If Ducati had an extra 200cc on most the competition, as they do in WSB, then I think they would be competitive.  

Reply to this Topic
Adeninja

Mar 10

Adeninja says:

Well i do hope Ducati and Rossi and co can sort the bike out , but makes me wonder if Ducati should gone back to the trellis frame which they have used for a long time and know how it works , time will tell

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Trellisimo

I've been thinking for ages that a trellis would have been a more logical step. I'm not convinced by the counter argument that a trellis wouldn't handle the power given that the 990's didn't appear to have any issues with it. The 1198 is making 200+ ponies and that appears to work fine despite being a bit of a lardy old girl.

Maybe even a carbon  trellis if welds and too many tubes is an issue. Either way they would have had a better starting point than another completely new concept (for Ducati).

Reply to this Topic
nigel041

Jan 04

nigel041 says:

agree with that jamie. wrap the whole lot in a trellis frame, ducati doing what ducati do best and have most experience in. bet they could get it to work

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices