Skip to content

Discuss This Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Loris Capirossi: Ducati need time they don’t have

Loris Capirossi reckons Valentino Rossi and Ducati need to be given more time to prove the new factory GP12 machine is the bike to put the Italian in a position to challenge Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s domination of MotoGP. A radical new GP12 was scheduled to have only nine days on track ahead of this weekend’s first race in Qatar...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 April 2012 11:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Not at all related....

.....but Fastest now has a release date of 11th June 2012 on both DVD and Bluray, for those who haven't seen it.

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Jamie....

....so basically what you are saying is that Ducati have developed a machine so single minded and focused that only Casey Stoner (and his considerable je ne sais quoi) on a good day can get a result on it? 

That's strikes me as a bit pointless, especially as not all of Casey's days were good days, and he got to the point where the "lesser" factory Honda seemed far more appealing.

So now Ducati have the ultimate race bike, the pinnacle of racing motorcycle development, but with no rider able to take advantage of it.  Like I said, a tiny bit pointless.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

it makes me laugh the number of folks on here clamouring for Bayliss to get back into MotoGP.  well previous results in the series didn't exactly set fire to the riders championship, whether he was on a Ducati or a Honda.  by the same logic, i suppose Fogarty, or even Roche and Polen could make a decent fist of riding the GP12?

i think you've missed the point slightly about what WSBK is about - it's supposed to be about racing production bikes, not building bikes to suit the rules.  we should embrace the fact that v-twins can compete against in-line triples and fours - the difficulty is being able to make the rules keep all the bikes at a similar performance level despite them having vastly different characteristics in the first place.  i very much doubt that Ducati would make a four cyclinder road bike - why would they have gone to all the trouble with the Panigale and the Superquadro engine?  that should make 2013 interesting.

and while i'm completely off-topic, it's not only Ducati that have had their critics about making the most of the WSBK rules - how about Aprilia and their gear driven cams on the RSV4 in 2010?

Reply to this Topic
AdieMonk

Jul 09

AdieMonk says:

Cosher....

I know it was only a one-off, but Bayliss was on fire in Valencia 2006.  The man rides the wheels of anything he sits on.  I would love for him to test the GP12, just so get his thoughts on the bike and it's performance/feedback etc.  I don't think for a second that he would be able to string together an entire season and stick it to Casey, but I do think he will provide far more valuable feedback than Vito and Franco.

Also, good point reference Ducati/Aprillia and bending the rules.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

I THINK YOU MEAN....

It`s not only Ducati making most of the rule`s for WSBK. Yeah,that`s better.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

cocksher

it makes me laugh the number of folks on here clamouring for Bayliss to get back into MotoGP. well previous results in the series didn't exactly set fire to the riders championship, whether he was on a Ducati or a Honda. by the same logic, i suppose Fogarty, or even Roche and Polen could make a decent fist of riding the GP12? YEAH BUT HE BETTER, MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN YOUR GOAT (god of ass talk) MR. 9 TIMES LUCKY ASS CHAMPION. 1/100 OF BAYLISS SKILL ON DUCATI. LOL.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bayliss would be lucky to beat Abrahams

He's a raggity anne rider that ragged the loose little harlot of a GP6 to one solitary win. A great story for sure.

However as Cosher said his previous GP record was pretty damn mediocre, especially on a proper stiff framed GP machine like the RCV211.

Bayliss. WSBK - an undoubted superstar. GP - couldn't cut the mustard.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

True Nostro Bayliss didn't cut it in GP racing but he did prove a point to Ducati when he came in for a one off ride in the very last race of the stunning 2006 season and showed them what he was capable of. GP bikes never suited him at all not even the Honda what a best result of 6th says it all on that bike.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

OH, CMON

how could you said it about bayliss, nostro. valencia 2006 was great. even abraham cann't get near 5th last season.

if i'm ducati, i'll better hire bayliss than rossi. compare two of them and you get, at least, THE SAME. but bayliss can contribute one 1st podium. rossi??? NONE.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

ERRRR.....

i'm pretty worry with loris ducking on that position. luckily rossi was in front of him. if rossi was behind, the last thing he found at home is big hole in his ass. LOL. sorry. cann't help it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices