Skip to content

Ask an Expert WHAT DO I DO? Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > WHAT DO I DO?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

casbiker

Sep 07

casbiker says:

WHAT DO I DO?

Help required please folks, I have a 57plate Blackbird, excellent condition, goes faster than i can. Im quite a big lad :lol: & the riding position puts quite a lot of weight on my wrists (i already have bar raisers) but am looking at some Gilles Bars, approx £300 which make the BB almost a sit-up-&-beg-style bike, which i'm not entirely sold on.. But i have also seen a BMW K1300R which i like a lot. Obviously its considerably more than the p-ex value of my BB. what do i do? I know the history of the BB and exactly how its been serviced & ridden. I dont like seeing the downpipes of normal sit-up style bikes (....yes stupid i know) & this BMW gives me exactly this, no visible downpipes. Obviously this isnt the only reason. I really enjoy riding but not so much the aches & pains.... probebly associated with getting on a bit as well :mad:  please advise, do i get into debt for i want or stay as i am & spend my spare money on ralgex? General advice on K1300R also welcomed. cheers Andy

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (02 April 2012 21:23)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

aches

I had the same problem with a blackbird but arm ache as well,i fitted HELI-BARS which made them higher and nearer with adjustments to the brake banjo angles.

It helped but no cure so i tried the x11 (naked blackbird) this was better (more upright) but i was starting with Arthritis.:upset:.

Your problem may be the angle of the levers not being in line with your arms.:unsure:

Are you a young fellow or over 40? 

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

You could consider...

buying a secondhand K1200S or R.

I rode an S back to back with a Blackbird in 2005 (and bought a Daytona 955). The K1200S is a very competant motorcycle.

If your feeling old, you could always try a Yamaha FJR1300

Reply to this Topic
philwill65

Mar 11

philwill65 says:

no probs

with my daytona 955c with Gilles raised bars and looks like a peach :smiley:

Reply to this Topic
casbiker

Sep 07

casbiker says:

Thanks

for all the advice lads. Think Im going to settle for Blackbird with a set of Gilles handlebars but will definately check the angle of the levers (thanks Jaffa and im afraid im over 40 and not just either :lol: ) I did test ride a K1200S, i didnt find it any better for the extra money than the BB. I bottled out of test ride on a K1300R on the basis (you'll like this...) i liked it!....didnt fancy the extra 4k + my BB.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices