Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Has the BMW R1200GS had its day? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Has the BMW R1200GS had its day?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Has the BMW R1200GS had its day?

With the Triumph Explorer 1200 performing well in tests and the GS finally looking not just outgunned but possibly out-funned by rivals, is it time to conclude the bike firm which started the class has had its day at its forefront? pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 April 2012 11:55)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Davelee99

Sep 09

Davelee99 says:

Has the BMW had it's day?

No, is the simple answer. Why, because they are fantastic to ride, excellent build quality , reliable and any of the bikes tested in this week's MCN don't hold a candle to it.First & best, all the others are also ran's, could do better.

Reply to this Topic
sprintst955

Jun 09

sprintst955 says:

No the bm hasnt had its day because this bike isnt bought on technical merit it is a fashion statement,like buying a range rover to drive the kids to school,i must add that i find the whole lot of these biles pointless.if i was to buy one of thrse giants though it would be the bm,why ? one word weight.How on earth did triumph manage to make the explorer 30k heavier than the bm ?is that extra cylinder made of lead !.another point is given that these bikes are hopeless off road the selling point is comfort and size a kind of different tourer ,question ,what do any of these bikes do that a suzuki gsx1250fa cant ? Me i wil just keep tearing around on my speed triple,the sprint st was written off by a mental aussie woman in a punto in 2010.nearly did for me as well.

Reply to this Topic
tonyoneavailable

Nov 10

no dont think it has had its day, triumph explorer good bike but not as good as the bmw gs. didnt feel i could go out 2up and cover 150+ miles on a day trip and come home relaxed.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices