Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy?

Petrol prices are rising and speed limits are lowering. Do we really need 180mph rocketships, or would we be just as happy with a bike that has much greater mpg but a lower top speed?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 April 2012 12:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Grumpyoldtechie

Aug 11

I'm collecting my 90mph 100mpg bike on Thursday!

Still keeping the 150/40 bike though.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Flawed question

Most of us aren't in the market for a new bike, because we're cheapskates.  If we want 120mph and 60mpg, we don't have to buy something new, we can just pick up an old 500 twin for buttons.

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Listen

to Grumpyoldtechie, he not stupid.

Reply to this Topic
rlf3

Jan 10

rlf3 says:

Where can I get one?

90mph and 100mpg? me want.

Add in hydraulic tappets, shaft or belt drive, 10,000 mile service intervals, 10,000 mile tyre life, five gallon tank and I would be a very happy bunny.

Reply to this Topic
kgb333

Apr 09

kgb333 says:

I own the one in the middle

My bike does 105mph and gets bewtween 65-65mpg

My wifes bike gets upwards of 72mpg with the same top speed

Obviously the mpg drops as we get near our top speed

Reply to this Topic
speedy231278

Jun 10

speedy231278 says:

What's going to do better miles, an R1 ambling along at 90mph barely breaking a sweat, or a 125 being thrashed to death to do it on the level?

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

ha ha

Just Love this kinda dribble,,,,,,,I live in Kuwait 12p per ltr,, ha  and its Tax free, sunny weather, and nice roads (no man hole covers missing) every local biker cant take corners,and mine is bigger then yours its all stright line bollocks,,, 

Cant wait to get home to good -ol-blighty, god knows how much petrol is,90% tax,  pissing down every sunday, and pot holes the size of kent, oh yes and my S1000RR,

give me the uk riding any day......... :)

Reply to this Topic
Pads1982

Jun 09

Pads1982 says:

So an SV then?

Average 55mpg at 90 or 60mpg at 80

Reply to this Topic
coxyjm

May 10

coxyjm says:

power

After being knocked off my Triumph Sprint with custom paint which is now in motorbike heaven as it died by a fucking ford focus driver who is getting his licence ripped up and a lunch box of dog poo through his letter box.

I have not been detered. gonna get myself a bright green ZZR 1400 Kwaker.  loud noises cant miss me now fuckers. Whammy.

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Bikes are way behind cars when it comes to fuel consumption. My 1300 corsa diesel does 70mpg is warm dry and comfortable. I can have my stereo on and hear it. My bandit does 30mpg doesnt have or do any thing that the corsa does EXCEPT PUT A BIG SMILE ON MY FACE WHEN I RIDE IT which the corsa doesnt. I am suprised though that a bike manafacture doesnt bring out a common rail turbo charged diesel.Theirs a fair chance then that you would get 150mph and 100mpg. lt wouldnt be a sports bike but would make the ideal tourer       

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices