Skip to content

Discuss This Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Poll: Which of these bikes would you buy?

Petrol prices are rising and speed limits are lowering. Do we really need 180mph rocketships, or would we be just as happy with a bike that has much greater mpg but a lower top speed?   pollcomment

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 April 2012 12:04)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
tonydoc903

Mar 09

tonydoc903 says:

I have gone for the 100 mpg, for the simple reason that it kills me to be giving that T**T Osbourne over70% in fuel tax. 

Reply to this Topic
tourx4

Mar 10

tourx4 says:

Petrol

At the moment i'm riding a cg125 as i'm on l-plates, so am currently topping up about 1-2 a month depending on how much i ride. But for my big bike i would definately go for the 120-45mph top speed bike with 60mpg. As i would be riding a allrounder and hopefuly touring around europe or just having much two wheeled fun!!

Reply to this Topic
FellRaven

Apr 10

FellRaven says:

None of the above

What does it look like how does it ride, we buy with our hearts not our heads.

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Speed over MPG every time

If I want a mode of transport that can only do 120MPH I will buy a car ! I want a bike that can do it on the track as well as the road. I can ride an also ran when I am too old to ride a sports bike.

Reply to this Topic
londonbiker12

Apr 11

which bike would do 60mpg and still manage to do 100mph.?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Speaking as an old phart, I'm finding the opportunities to use high speeds more and more limited. I don't bounce as well as I used to, don't do trackdays and could probably do with summat a bit lighter for my knackered back. I voted for the 120 mph option, but that's just me and my changing priorities. For those who still want the high speed bikes, enjoy it while it lasts, because no doubt Brussels will try to legislate us out of existence..... CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

old phart

Billy... You are only as old as you want to be :winkie:. I am an old fart and I try to keep my youthful good looks with a combination of age defying face cream and high speed.  

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

To nigel966, fair points well made. I am trying to grow old disgracefully, with a view to leaving maturity behind for a while yet. Perhaps today was a brain fart too far. Time to get nitrous on the blackbird, methinks........yeah, fukkit, life's too short!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

All year round

For me I'd go for the 90mph one as it gives the extra speed on the motorway if you need it and 100mpg would be rather nice given a bike is my only means of transport.

Only problem is that to get to the 90mph it'll be pushing it, whereas the 120mph one will give a nice safety margin where it'll easily pull away at 70mpg. My current bike does 105mph with 50mpg when ridden properly (i.e. in the gear where power and engine braking are most available) and 60-65 when ridden like a priest on Valium.

I don't think that there's any excuse these days for a bike that does 40mpg - the Bandit and the Street Triple are in this category and it's pretty shameful. Certainly rules them out for me when I've got to fill up every week or more as it is.

EDIT: and as for growing old disgracefully... I'm a young boring shite.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
rocketzx6r

Apr 12

rocketzx6r says:

Dont like what i am seeing on here,in this highly PC censored world ,a working man can still get thrills on a supersports bike that can be bought used in near new condition for 6000 quid.This kind of peformance in the car world is reserved for toffs in their Aston Martins,Mercs etc,s.The government would love to ban supersports,and have us all drive electric cars.If your wingin about MPG, buy a scooter or 125.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices