Skip to content

Discuss This James Ellison hoping for chatter boost in Qatar MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > James Ellison hoping for chatter boost in Qatar

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

James Ellison hoping for chatter boost in Qatar

James Ellison is hoping his dream return to MotoGP action in Qatar this weekend isn’t ruined by a chatter issue that severely hampered the British rider during the recent final pre-season test in Jerez. The Cumbrian battled chronic vibration with his Paul Bird Motorsport Aprilia machine in Jerez and is desperate for the issue, which occurs on the brakes and corner...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (03 April 2012 18:04)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Chatter plagued Ellison during his last season in MotoGP in 2006 when the problem prevented him from showing his full potential on the Tech 3 Yamaha

So 6yrs later and he's no better off. Maybe 2018 will be 3rd time lucky?

With all due respect, stick to BSB James. 

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Be prepared for a very much smiliar season to what he had in 2006.

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

And they call Stoner a moaner? Casey complained about a chatter problem and then got down to it and set the fastest time - again and again. Sure nobody is expecting Ellison to rival Stoner on his CRT bike, but he's got pretty much the same bike and tyres as others who are not whining about chatter, acceleration and power delivery. There seems to be a curious disease spreading through MotoGP. Make your excuses before the season even starts.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

CHATTER?

He should get my wife in his garage !

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Bloody hell Jolly

A bit harsh..??

He's had a micrphone stuck up his nose and asked how he feels about the first race and all he's done is state his current position. Not got chatter sorted and disappointed to be no quicker than at the first test, which, given the limited running they've had isn't really a surprise.

Why is it these days, they are all accused of moaning when asked their opnion on how things are going. These riders are looking for every advantage, every possible means of improvement to better their position which is what you'd expect from the best riders in the top race series. The bike will never be good enough for any of them. Finding a way of attaining the best result is also what they're paid for. If they said everything's fine they'd be accused of laziness or complacency...

All of them have said there is room for improvement on their bikes - Both Honda riders, both Yamaha riders, both Ducati riders as well as all of the satellite riders. Why is Ellison any different?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Excuses what excuses the CRT riders will be making them when they are way off the pace that chatter problem I think is toast.

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

NOS

i would'nt worry about the chatter if i was ellison more about im gonna get my ass whooped no matter how hard i race,l crt's need NOS fitting hehe, only joking good luck mate, season starts today omg im looking forward to sunday's night race.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

Ellison

Is a great rider and lets hope he can eliminate the chatter problem before the race.
I am sure the Aprilia CRT bike has vast potential and good luck to James and his team.
Talk about moaners....they are all on here!

Reply to this Topic
jollyboy

Sep 11

jollyboy says:

YamahaGYTR

Ellison was almost two seconds off the ART pace at Jerez. It's not that his in simple terms James is 1.8 seconds behind Randy and Aleix. It's not about CRT bikes being slow, everybody knew they would be. Ellison is off the pace for CRT and it's no good blaming the hardware when several faster riders have the same kit. He got the seat because he was available at short notice and could bring funding (presumably sponsorship, I don't think he's that rich). He needs to get up among the other CRT bikes, and specifically ART bikes if he wants to keep the seat next year. Listen to the other riders and there seems to be an awful lot of chatter about this year, but most people seem to be riding round it. Anyhow I'm not going to support somebody just because he's the same nationality as me. I watch the sport because it's exciting, I don't support any particular rider because that sort of thing seems pretty juvenile to me if you don't know them personally.

Reply to this Topic
leeP8F

Apr 10

leeP8F says:

get a grip fella's

Benny hedgehog got it right. the bloke has only ridden the thing twice, both times with time lost to bad weather and he's ridden it once with carbon brakes. If he's asked about set up problems and chatter issues he gave the answer.

I mean if you've got a beef with the motogp rules - 3 factory's, underdeveloped satelite bikes or crt's thats fine and probably best put on another thread. We all know its gonna be the stoner lorenzo show. Get set for your season then, the rules need to change and fast otherwise there will be nothing left to watch.

Goodluck to all the crt's, the rules were put there and they kitted themselves out. If we had the money we would probably do the same.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices