Skip to content

Ask an Expert Looking for next Cruiser Bike Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > Looking for next Cruiser Bike

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

regcoles

Jul 11

regcoles says:

Looking for next Cruiser Bike

Hi All,

Been riding for over a year now on a Yamaha Virago 535 and I have decided to move up to the bigger bikes but just would like some feedback and advice on my next purchase. 
I've done quite a bit of research but I am getting so many conflicting reports on the different bikes I'm getting confused now.
I am looking for something under 1000CC as I'm not really into speed more cruising and enjoying the ride. I will be using the bike to work everyday and also on the weekends. I am 6' tall and weigh 13st
I have narrowed it down to the following bikes but your imput would be greatly appreciated. Should I buy 2nd hand or new? 
Kawasaki VN900 Custom
Yamaha XV960A Midnight Star
Suzuki Intruder 800
Honda Shadow Spirit
Harley Davidson 883XL - looked at this and it felt a little cramped due to leg length.

Cheers
Reg   

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (04 April 2012 12:43)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
shuggie1

Apr 07

shuggie1 says:

what do you want / budget

New or used probably depends on your budget.

I've got a Honda VT 750S, it's great fun, okay not mega fast, but will still win most traffic light grand-prixs against cars, plus not worried about licence any more (as I was in my blade) as it's clear when you get near to the national limit. Plus insurance is minimal (£80 fully comp)

Try all of the choices and but the one you like / fits best assuming budget in place

Reply to this Topic
steveb

Aug 02

steveb says:

Don't limit yourself

to "small" capacity cruisers, no cruisers are built for speed, regardless of capacity.

Not sure what your budget is, but the Triumph America would fit neatly into your current list. If you look at the 1200 Hardleys, the choice opens up a bit. The 48 is a nice looking bike and the XR is a nice handling bike for a tractor.

A Fat Bob with straight through pipes will have you giggling inside your helmet, guaranteed. (And thats from a sports bike rider)

Reply to this Topic
regcoles

Jul 11

regcoles says:

2nd Cruiser

Thanks guys for the replies, I am looking at spending +-6500 but need be I will go a little higher. I really do like the Honda shadow some reviews are not very good around it but I will take it for a test ride. Never thought of Truimph America I have found a dealer close to me so I will go and have a look. Would love the HD fat boy but just out of the price range maybe the 3rd cruiser. The 48 is nice but the fuel tank is to small. 

Reply to this Topic
boydtrans

Jan 09

boydtrans says:

I

Have Triumph America and am well pleased easy to

Ride etc suspension not the best but there are plenty aftermarket options.

Reply to this Topic
regcoles

Jul 11

regcoles says:

2nd Cruiser

Is the Triumph America good on fuel? Besides the suspension is there anything bad with the model. The reviews some good but like you said the suspension is not great. 

The Kawasaki Custom seems to come out tops on a lot of reviews. Any thoughts on it? 

Reply to this Topic
boydtrans

Jan 09

boydtrans says:

It's

Pretty average on fuel 45ish no fuel gauge so you gotta guage it the bike is fun and sits really well on the road but it has a good amount of torque but top  speed is nowt to write home about, and aftermarket cans are a must 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle