Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi worried ahead of season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi worried ahead of season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi worried ahead of season opener

Valentino Rossi said a lack of rear grip with his new Ducati GP12 machine was a big cause for concern after he ended the opening practice session of 2012 at the floodlit Losail International Circuit in Qatar with the 10th best time. The nine-times world champion set a best time of 1.57.914 to finish only third quickest Ducati rider as the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (05 April 2012 23:36)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

tyres

so your telling me Stoner set his fastest time with a hard tyre while lorenzo used a soft and their time difference was 0.174s......yeah right!

ChrisSYD you seem like such a nice person.
Show me your evidence cos you seem so sure?

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

Sorry But NO.

Only 2 rider`s used the softer option rear tyre,Cal for the entire session and Nicky for the last couple of lap`s. So the rider`s who will gain upto 7 tenth`s,with the softer tyre will be the rest of `em.Although Cal will probably make a couple of tenth`s,on a new`un. And if the track has cleaned up they will all find another one and a half second`s.Only 1 practice gone so early day`s    today will tell the true story.  I believe some of the lower leaderboard guy`s also used the softer version,{ not Rossi },not that it make`s much difference.The top runner`s will be the usual suspect`s.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Stoner used the hard tyre all session  -  that seems to be the information from Bridgestone

I was watching it and there was no white band on Stoner's rear tyre at the end of the session which is when he set his fastest laps.

No white band = hard tyre

Lorenzo's if I recall had a white band = soft tyre. Spies too I think.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Tyres...

"For Jorge Lorenzo, his biggest problem was in tearing up the tires. Lorenzo had run the softer of the rear compounds, and had found that the tires had started overheating after about four laps"

MM says JL was running soft rear.

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Bultoboy boy is right, no white band no soft tyre.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

@ Nostro I was merely channeling the ghost of Wosideg rather than being facetious. Someone has to put forward the real race fans view, no?

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

OK

Fair enough you may be right but I still have my doubts but yes its early days and we will know much more after saturday night.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

May be right...!!

What do you mean may be right. It was a hard tyre, what is there to argue about.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Funny as f--k

Fair enough you may be right but I still have my doubts

Reply to this Topic
spdmon

Aug 09

spdmon says:

Hi, Wosideg here, i would like to inform you that

my idol is going to participate in the first round of the Blancpain Endurance Series with his trusted friend Uccio Salucci.

"We decided at the last minute to take part in this round, and doing it together with my friend Uccio will certainly be a lot of fun," Rossi said.

http://www.gpone.com/index.php/en/201204066537/Valentino-Rossi-corre-con-la-Ferrari.html

Wow!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle