Skip to content

HONDA Honda Crosstourer SE unveiled CROSSTOURER 1200

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CROSSTOURER 1200 > Honda Crosstourer SE unveiled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Honda Crosstourer SE unveiled

The Honda Crosstourer is to be joined by a higher spec SE model, when the new adventure bike hits dealers April 14-15. The Crosstourer SE comes with an aluminium look 32 litre top box, which can be expanded to 39 litres, matching panniers, taking the total capacity to 123 litres, heated grips, centre stand and a front cowl bar. The Crosstourer SE...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 April 2012 11:02)

Post a message in CROSSTOURER 1200

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
numb fingers

Aug 02

numb fingers says:

price

am i the only one thats looks at the price of new bikes and wonder who,s gonna buy em ,  i know i will have to win the lottery  to be able to afford a brand new bike, ill stick with me 41000ml yam

Reply to this Topic
TheWookie

Feb 10

TheWookie says:

Yup same here.. its taken me two years of trading up to get even a £2500 XJR1300 that's 10 years old.

Reply to this Topic
mickofield

Sep 09

mickofield says:

Too specialized?

The cost of new bikes is certainly a bit of a shock. The other shock is the narrow focus of these bikes. You could argue that the new Honda Crossdresser, sorry Crosstourer is pretty versatile. Yet looking at the photograph, there is little or no room for a passenger to travel in comfort, the style is kind of MX-ish, does this mean that the seat height is way up there? It has a "cowl bar", great, but what protects the "aluminum look" panniers, or the cases? It looks like this bike is aimed at the wealthy crowd who have a bike for each occasion.

Reply to this Topic
eatcs01

Aug 02

eatcs01 says:

Muddy Crossdresser

Looks great. Surely the centre stand should be standard on all crossdressers?? (Or did I read the article wrong)..

To those that don't "get it". It's aimed at those who want the "Adventure" look but without having to go offroad. Same as those who want the "Race bike" look with their R1 GSXR Blade etc. etc. but never go any where near a racetrack...

Reply to this Topic
DLman123

Feb 11

DLman123 says:

Much too expensive----who needs it

Reply to this Topic
Jimmythedriver

Apr 12

Agreed, much to expensive. Unfortunately this seems to filter down to second hand prices too, especially when compared to second hand car prices. A mate of mine just sold his 12yrs old BMW 325i for £750 on eBay, for that money you would be struggling to buy a good 125cc on eBay. It can't be supply and demand as there are plenty of bikes out there.

Reply to this Topic
X2Glider

May 10

X2Glider says:

Much too Expensive?

Perhaps for the UK.  Nothing the Big 4 can do anything about.  Blame the exhange rate and other world finance issues.  In the USA, this will likely be prices around $14-15k as seen in the pic.  That will be about $6000 less than a similarly equipped standard GS.

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Triumph

I love the spoke wheels and the gorgeous V4 but its nearly £1500 dearer than the New Triumph Explorer or 1k more if you kit up the triumph to the same spec

I've got a test on one this week but they will have to bring the price down to attract buyers

Having tested the brilliant Explorer i doubt the Honda will sway me form the triumph

i love Hondas but they and Yamaha seem to have lost touch with what riders actually want and like and can afford

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

eatcs01 Spot on

eatcs01 says

To those that don't "get it". It's aimed at those who want the "Adventure" look but without having to go offroad. Same as those who want the "Race bike" look with their R1 GSXR Blade etc. etc. but never go any where near a racetrack...

I Say

I love the comment about the Millions of sports bike riders who never ever go near a race track but just want to look like a racer ? they cant understand the Adventurer thing and many also don't get the 60mph road rider on the fastest best handling best tricked up race rep money can buy thing , I've had/got both but the Adventurer scene is more fun without doubt , but different opinions and individual tastes is one of the things that makes biking great

the charge for a centre stand not being a basic standard item would stop me buying a bike ? 

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

That really is one ugly motherfunker

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle