Skip to content

General Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ?

Mine was a Kawasaki GPZ750R. Total pig of a bike. Handled like a bus and was woefully under powered. So fucking horrible it put me off Kawasakis for life. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 April 2012 22:27)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

crap

Mine were a bsa bantam 175.triumph tiger cub 200 and the worse a brand new 1973 norton commando interstate at £653. which dropped to bits with vibration.:shock: 

Reply to this Topic
paulderekjohnson

Feb 08

Erm....

....can honestly say,I've never had a bad bike.  I've worked on plenty,but that was usually due to lack of maintenance and neglect.

Saying that,CZ and then in later years the Regent 125s (minsk) were pretty dreadful build quality.

Reply to this Topic
kawathrasher

Feb 10

kawathrasher says:

Kawasaki !!! No doubt

Used to own a ZX7R which looked fookin awsome but i will never own another Kawa

Never trusted it and at the end i was glad to see her go :wacko:

Attached images:

1. PICT0031  
  2. PICT0031  
Reply to this Topic
spondonste

Aug 02

spondonste says:

Kawasaki = bad bikes???

Kawasaki ZZR1100C2 (common theme here of kawasaki's being the worst bikes ever owned). Total unreliable bag of shit (poor manufacture restricted oil flow to crank). Whilst looking for a replacement engine I found another 23 ZR11's that had also blown their engines due to poor manufacture starving oil flows around the engine.

Like others I've never bought another kawasaki after that (I also had a problem with cam pitting on an earlier Kawasaki KLR650 and also on a Kawasaki KLR250 due to poor design limiting oil flow to the top end of the engine)

Reply to this Topic
robbie7334

Oct 09

robbie7334 says:

crap bikes

probablly the crapest bike i ever owned was a 1976 LAX 682P GT 185 suzy ram air.:shock:Ony had this pile of shit 11 munths ate 3 pistons (left hand pot) lukily under warenty chuked it in fer a ts 250 great bike:smile kept it for a lil wile.Then bort the 2nd crapest bike ever ducati desmo 250 started corrodin as soon as it left the show room rgds Robbie:lol:

Reply to this Topic
oscarthegrouch

Oct 05

kawasaki

AR 125 biggest heap ov shite i have ever had the misfortune to ride .....i'm starting to see a patern emerging :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
bmwgs

Mar 10

bmwgs says:

for me the kawa klr 650  load of shit.
tiny 12l tank ,crap seat , weight is way to much for the off road model. as i droped the bike and took 2 people to lift it up. no dipstick just the bubble and you need some one to hold the bike til you fil it to the top of the glass.  plus it burned loads of oil. 

Reply to this Topic
aehewitt

Jan 11

aehewitt says:

A

Land Rover.........(aka" the shed"):upset:

Reply to this Topic
gungerdin8

Feb 11

gungerdin8 says:

NOW IL CONKER

KLR 250

TOTAL SHIOTE DROPED A COLLET ON IT BLEWIT 2 BITS

XR 600 BLEW IT 2 BITS

ZXR 750 BLEW THE GEARBOX UP

Reply to this Topic
sprag

Aug 02

sprag says:

of all the many bikes i've owned

a 650 TriBSA [650 Triumph T110 engine with Bonnie head and twin carbs in a BSA A10 frame] I bought for £70 back in 1968 was pretty high on my list of awful bikes but looking back [possibly thru rose tinted specs] I wish I had it right now. Crazy? OK the brakes were crap [easily fixed] the carb tops were held on with jubilee clips [get new carbs] and the engine leaked oil [well ALL old trummy engines did that] but I was used to Hondas you see and had been spoiled. That was my first big bike after passing my test and it scared the B-Jesus out of me but it sounded fantastic with it's 2 into 1 siamese pipes and BSA silencer. :smile 

One bike I also owned which should be pretty close to the top of my list of crap bikes was an old BSA Bantam, sodding awful thing was hard to start and keep running and I sold it withing weeks of buying it to some other poor sod. Funny really because some years later I bought a nearly new Bantam and loved it.

Then their was a knackered Yamaha SR500 single. The poor thing needed a re bore and rings, it also needed the timing chain doing as it rattled like hell but it was a great bike to ride. Big old thumper of an engine with a s'prising amount of power considering the fooked engine. handled pretty good as well. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices