Skip to content

General Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ? Pub Talk - over 18s only

You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ?

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Whats the biggest pile of crap you ever owned ?

Mine was a Kawasaki GPZ750R. Total pig of a bike. Handled like a bus and was woefully under powered. So fucking horrible it put me off Kawasakis for life. 

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 April 2012 22:27)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Cackasakis

Looks like we can agree that Kawasaki bikes are pretty shite regardless of model. I always put the shiteness of my GPZ750R down to the fact it was all 900 body with a tiddly engine but it would seem from the forum that it was the Kawasaki badge that gave it the shite status. 

Reply to this Topic
stingy1

Oct 10

stingy1 says:

suzuki gt125 ram air

N reg, when i was 18. total dog , but felt like a rocket...knackered suspesion, had to change tank etc as it was dented to eff, stripped threadfs everywhere so i bodged in bigger bolts without tapping them(!) , the worst bit, was the crank. couldnt set points right, i noticed the crank was not running true, so i used to hit it with a hammer on the points side, and it used to go bad within 30 miles, making a tool kit necessary to take cover off and bash the crank true.

Swapped it for an opel ascona car with a college pal, he took it in to get serviced, and needed new crank, heads, tyres, loads helicoils, chain, sprockets, seals, etc etc.

i did buy it off a local biker gang....and had fun on it, but what a bag of shite!

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

stingy

:laugh: Sounds like proper Bike maintenance practices kept your Suzi running. Sounds like the same practices that kept my Fizzy running. No repair that was worth doing was worth doing without a good hammer and some ti-wraps.

Reply to this Topic
gaz1982

Aug 10

gaz1982 says:

You all

mugged yourselve's off. You all bought the wrong model of Kawasaki. Every bike manafacturer has one or two bad eggs coming off the production line and you lot bought them.:wacko:

Reply to this Topic
nigel966

Jun 09

nigel966 says:

Wont get fooled again

Well I wont be taking any chances. Never going to buy a pile of Kawasaki shite again.

Reply to this Topic
norris

Nov 02

norris says:

gaz1982

Agree, most manufacturers have made mistakes, but Kawasaki out of the Jap brands (discounting the nwer models till a few years pass)seem to fair the  worst re build quality and reliability (they should also learn to use grease on assembly).
You generally see far more 'old' Honda's still in regular use than Kawasaki's (or Yamaha's for that).

Reply to this Topic
slidersdown

Mar 07

slidersdown says:

gpz305

another z this was without doubt my worst bike.two bottom end rebuilds was a never ending waste of money.but had many kwaks after that and only problem was an airbox fire on a 700 mile old zx7r.

Reply to this Topic
meatbaws

Jun 11

meatbaws says:

Guadalest museum

Didn't know there was bikes on show in Guadalest ? Where abouts and I'll check them out next time I'm over

Reply to this Topic
KWAKZ750S

Aug 08

KWAKZ750S says:

I was going to say

Austin Maestro in Hearing Aid Beige, but I reckon the crap I had this morning was much bigger.  I had to stand up to get off the thing, took 3 attempts to get it round the u bend, so handled like the maestro as well....Come to think of it, it was beige too.

Reply to this Topic
joeslow

Mar 07

joeslow says:

2 crap bikes 1 crap car

My 1st bike, Honda CB125J, 6volt crap electrics, unreliable generator coil assemblies, rubbish kickstart return spring that kept breaking and you had to spilt the engine to replace it, a right pain.

Kawasaki KH125, 6volt crap electrics again (you think I would have learnt), points that needed adjusting every 5minutes, but it was a 2 stroke!

Worst car, Peugeot 104, when it was running it was great, but to work on the head was a total bastard, the engine was inclined with the head almost touching the firewall of the engine bay. You had to be a gynacologist to get the feeler gauge in and set the tappets, french crap engineering.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices