Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi seeks smoother Ducati power MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi seeks smoother Ducati power

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi seeks smoother Ducati power

Understeer is not the only issue that Valentino Rossi believes is preventing him from moving the Ducati GP12 closer to challenging Casey Stoner and Jorge Lorenzo’s recent domination of the MotoGP world championship. After he ended practice with the eighth fastest time in Qatar tonight, the 33-year-old said taming Ducati’s aggressive power delivery would help him reduce the gap to the...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (06 April 2012 22:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

ratcheman...

" it appeared he was going for race set up and not one quick lap "

Yeah but so were JL & Casey... JL did a string of 1:56's ending with 1:55's... VR did a string of 1:57's ending with some 1:56's... the time gap to the front appears to be indicative of his performance but there may be fewer (or more) riders in his way depending on his qualifying set-up which he doesn't appear to have tested yet.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yep

your quite right ratchetman.I think they like knocking Rossi more than the bike racing!
H5 I am sure Rossi knows all about doing a qualifying lap being a 9 times world champ.
Just lets hope he gets the Ducati good enough to do a decent one!

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Buell...

"I am sure Rossi knows all about doing a qualifying lap being a 9 times world champ. Just lets hope he gets the Ducati good enough to do a decent one!"

Did you actually watch last year?... he had 5 race crashes last season & the majority were mid pack in the early laps (2 within 2 corners) tangling with riders after crap qualifying... he knows all about qualifying, knows how important it is, & is well qualified to identify an appalling one of which he has plenty of experience.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

It's a nice try rossi bashers

But trying to pin the moaner tag on rossi just won't fly. Stoner, who i admire massively, was called a moaner because he was never happy, even when he won. What else is rossi supposed to talk about other than the development of the bike, he's hardly going to say 'oh yeah i'm just lapping slowly cus i've lost my mojo'. And he could have said all sorts of other stuff but the journos are going to focus on what he has to say about the bike-that's the story. The reason I'll always be a Rossi fan is he enjoys the racing and when he's had a good battle he's pumped, whether he wins it or not you know in parc ferme you'll hear him say 'we hada the great battle out there and I am velly appy!'

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

A TOP 5 INDEEDY,,

That would be the very least they should aim for,there are only 6 Work`s bike`s out there,and 1 of `em is NH .  I rest my case,m`lud.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Zogg...

"Stoner, who i admire massively, was called a moaner because he was never happy, even when he won."

... & you are the reason the Stoner fans will continue to taunt Rossi fans. Just 'cos Stoner won didn't mean all was roses... he was asked, as Rossi is now, how his race went, how the bike was handling... he was honest about a bike we now know was a pig to ride (& not just Stoner not trying). He moaned while Rossi gives feedback. In my eyes neither moan.

Forget the obvious hypocracy of continually moaning about someone continually moaning, accept that it was wrong to call him a moaner, & let it lie... or take the stick.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

MOANER ?

I`ve heard him moaning in his motorhome a few time`s.

Reply to this Topic
monkeyninja

Sep 11

monkeyninja says:

Zogg you're right

Ignoring all the pointless rider-bashing, my observations are that - as nice as it is to have a fast time posted through use of soft tyres - much more important is to prepare the bike for the race. After all, it doesn't matter how well one qualifies, it's what happens in that first corner and we've seen so many times the over-eager moves which can scuttle half the field. As has been pointed out by others, this year we're bound to see some really crazy moves from the CRT as they try to make up for the deficiencies of their bikes. I for one will not want to watch the first corner - it'll be as scary as the first few races of Moto2 when it started!

No doubt Stoner and Lorenzo are going to run away at the front (speed + race craft). Who knows what the other fast riders will do. Rossi knows he cannot break into the top 5 or 6 times yet and sensibly concentrated on the hard tyre performance. Either he or Burgess took this sensible approach, but it's a wise one. 1.2 seconds adift ain't good, for sure, and he's going to need some serious luck not to get pole-axed in the first-lap melee and benefit from some errors/fallers at the front of the pack to have a sniff of a top five finish.

Really really looking forward to the new season, new bikes, new rules. Sadly, I have to put up with the BBC coverage and the increasingly irrelevant commentary by Stavros and Coxie.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Zogg again

As Hedgehog said below, comments like this one

The reason I'll always be a Rossi fan is he enjoys the racing and when he's had a good battle he's pumped, whether he wins it or not you know in parc ferme you'll hear him say 'we hada the great battle out there and I am velly appy!'

are the reason there is so much biting back about Rossi's behaviour and character. He is not always gracious when beaten, sometimes he acts as you describe, other times not. Don't make out he is something he isn't. He bitched about Elias being dangerous when he beat him and refused to get off his bike in parc ferme when Lorenzo beat him in his home race. He stayed sititng on it with his hemet on sulking - no congratulations to Lorenzo for winning.

He's been far from gracious to other riders during his carreer and people who like fair play, regardless of which rider they support, if any, enjoy a bit of payback for people like that.

I still expect him to finish the race tomorrow in a better position than his practice times suggest he will (and maybe even his qualifying time will) but time will prove it one way or the other.

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

No you're wrong hog

even when he won, he never had anything positive to say and all across the world people noticed and made the obvious alliteration, after all, he could be known as pacey casey, another obvious alliteration. Fellow australian Mark Webber suffers from the same miserable gititis, perhaps it's an aussie thing. It Doesn't change the fact that casey's the best rider in moto gp by several county miles, and that i watch in awe as he rides that machine. And the reason the orange thong brigade will keep trying to rile the yellow panties is that they just want to stick the knife in wherever they can, but they'd be better off following casey's example and letting the racing do the talking.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices