Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner

2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has ended Casey Stoner's dominance, stealing pole position from the reigning champion in the dying moments of the qualifying session with a lap of 1:54.634. Stoner spent the majority of the session at the top of the timesheets, before Lorenzo put in a soft tyre to knock the Australian off the top spot. Brit Cal Crutchlow...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 April 2012 19:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

When it comes to the race tyres, i reckon Stoner has 0.2/0.3s a lap on Lorenzo.

Yamaha have really got their shit together this year, good for them. At least they won't be complaining about Stoner having the best bike if he wins ...

1. Stoner
2. Lorenzo
3. Spies

Im wondering if any riders are going to be lapped tomorrow(most likely Ellison) ...

Can't cluckin wait. Then Brands on Monday.. lovely.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I think 3358 is correct with the podium positions in the race plus I think in the closing stages Spies will close down Lorenzo like Catalunya last year as for the winner I hope its close but with Honda suffering from chatter you never know GO SPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Moto3  Maverick Vinales

Moto2 Marc Marquez

Moto GP J-Lo

Do they jus.t open a can of great riders in spain? Of course their domestic races might be sort of world class. But still? I am happy with Michael v/d Mark coming 3 rd in the superstock 600 race at Imola. I understand my country Holland has almost no race history, but still? Why are the Spanish kids(good luck to em) so much better. About 3 Italian names in moto3, try saying that in 125 10 years ago.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

Spanish riders

In all three classes there are 85 riders of which: 24- Spanish 13- Italian +1 inc San Marino 7- UK 6- France & Germany 4- USA & Switzerland 3- Australia, Czech Rep, Japan and 27 others So why do Spain have the better riders, becaus amongst other factors, they also have the most

Reply to this Topic
bruce1937

Jul 11

bruce1937 says:

OK time for race predictions.

1 Lorenzo

2 Stoner

3 Cal

4 Hayden

First CRT Edwards

Crashers Spies, DeP. assorted back markers.

Retire with mechanical (mental) problem. Rossi

anyone else care to go out on a limb?

Reply to this Topic
veronicaisl

Aug 11

veronicaisl says:

stoner lorenzo crutclow pedrosa dovi spies hayden Rdp edwards

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

Retire with mechanical (mental) problem. Rossi

LOL....great comment

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

VIVA LA SHIT PIG!!!

1. The stiffer option from the buck teeth idiot. Translation....pig builder!!

From Motomatters:

It looks like Honda have built a bike to suit the old, stiffer Bridgestones - witness the Honda riders' preference for the stiffer of the new front tires tested at Jerez two weeks' ago. Honda, in this case, have just got it wrong, and now need to modify the bike to handle the softer tires.

In the meantime, Stoner is getting frustrated at handling the chatter issues. A wrong direction taken during qualifying saw him struggle more and more with the bike, especially with the soft tires. In parc ferme, he pointed the finger of blame at his team, in terms reminiscent of his time at Ducati. According to the Australian, his team acknowledged that he was suffering massive chatter, but were not as concerned as Stoner felt they should be, because of the reigning World Champion's speed. That line of thought produced a bike that nearly broke Marco Melandri, and saw Valentino Rossi wobble about for a season in mid-pack. Stoner's natural ability to ignore bike problems and push to the limit of the tires too often militates against him.

So.....here we go ....... Ducati 2007 WC, 2008 - 2010 = garbage. Honda 2011 WC, 2012.....Moan Moan Moan, Blame Blame , Kicking leg out, gesticulating at riders, Moan Moan. We know the completely now that the de-briefs from buckky teeth that he does no know what a real world championship should feel or ride like.

2. Clueless buckteeth

He was then asked what his answer would be to solve the crisis in MotoGP. After expressing his firm opposition to the CRT concept - making some fair points about the difficulties an independent manufacturer faced in making a bike based on a production engine competitive with factory bikes that have been under development for many years now - he argued that the real problem was the constant changes to the rulebook. When it was pointed out to Stoner that it was the manufacturers who had pushed through almost all of those changes - the MSMA had a contractual monopoly on technical rule changes, up until December 31st, 2011 - Stoner flatly denied it, saying "Dorna can blame who they want for this, but they have the final decision," before backtracking a little once the contractual situation was explained to him.

Vival la shit pig..........as Honda follows their 2011 WC. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Honda QP - 2nd, 7th, 9th and 11th

Ducati QP - 5th, 8th, 10th and 12th. The making of a better bike continues and it's only the very first time in a QP.

Reply to this Topic
TomRR

Jan 11

TomRR says:

Carl

Great to see Carl Crutchlow, doing well,. Good luck Carl, hang in .....

Rossi, Kinda think its time over for this legend, shame, but dont blame the bike, good night Rossi..NEXT ....

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Where's Wally?

My scroll button wore out before I could see where Flossi ended up! Can someone tell me where the bestest development rider in the history of the cosmos finished qualifying?

Could be a bad season for leeches too! With Crutchlow putting in a good show, at least 99% of pommy motogp watchers will now have someone to claim since their favorite camp Italian is showing his true worth.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices