Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo steals pole from Stoner

2010 MotoGP champion Jorge Lorenzo has ended Casey Stoner's dominance, stealing pole position from the reigning champion in the dying moments of the qualifying session with a lap of 1:54.634. Stoner spent the majority of the session at the top of the timesheets, before Lorenzo put in a soft tyre to knock the Australian off the top spot. Brit Cal Crutchlow...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (07 April 2012 19:26)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mikehannan

Jun 11

mikehannan says:

Lost it

Maybe he has lost his mojo.  Maybe Lorenzo stole it at Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Rossi will always deserve the big picture

Rossi has lost his mojo, definately, he won't win another MotoGP race, possibly, he shouldn't have won all those titles having some sort of unfair advantage, rediculous!!! All the best riders get some preferential treatment but Val was the guy that won all the titles and races on two different machines. The team mates are often the best judge of a rider's ability and they all said they couldn't get near Rossi and they didn't say they were given crap bikes compared to him.  

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Podium prospect is on for Cal

Off Rossi for a moment (hard for me I know), not only is Cal 3rd but he has a fairly decent gap between him and the guys behind. If the team make the right call with tyres etc and he gets a half decent start then a podium is on.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yeah ya got me...

So we can take it that much of what you say on this site is a troll... fair enough. Sometimes it seems you have something to add to conversation... I won't make that mistake again.

Reply to this Topic
BMEP

Jul 08

BMEP says:

Jorge Lorenzo:

... "I had to push more than 100%". Jorge is overriding the bike to get the results whereas Casey is not at his maximum because of chatter but only 0.2 behind. When he gets rid of the chatter in 1 or 2 frames time he will again be unstoppable. I didn't think tyre wear was going to be as bad as it seems it will be. If you've got chatter you should have excess tyre wear. Not looking good for Honda but it should be cured in the near future - not yet. Now Bridgestone have made a Ducati tyre you can see how both Yamaha and Honda have suffered as a direct consequence - trouble is the Ducati tyre isn't always good on a Ducati, well done Bridgestone. Anyone still left on here that thinks one tyre (with slight variations) will always work great on every bike/rider combination?

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THEIR PLAYING OUR SONG

I have it on good authority,not Muddy and Twiggy,that the guy`s in the Duke garage have been heard whistling a little ditty,from way back     over to you Vitto              Turnin-Japanese I think i`m turnin Japanese, I really think soo  dadela da da da da.                         And I read that HB is planning on beating both Work`s Duke`s today   ooerr,that`ll be interesting to see !

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

I'll give you that if they're in the 1:56/55's like they were in practice on hard tyres. But I'm more interested in the fact of it than the bet... & the situation with the tyres may be more telling on their late race pace than fuel adjustments made before or during it.

Reply to this Topic
discoBiskit

Apr 11

discoBiskit says:

Soft v Hard

Can Lorenzo maintain this sort on pace on the soft tires over race distance? Stoner seems to be quicker on the hard tire. Will Lorenzo use the soft in the race? If he does, will he get a big enough gap on a late charging Stoner? All very interesting questions that will be answered soon enough.

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

cris SYD n rest of you

Rite he (rossi ) can go to hell and be made to watch every episode of eastenders whilst force fed my missus AND her mothers cooking  !

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Benny...

1. Fastest lap was lap 4 for Stoner.

2. Tyres were too much of a factor as suspected... & arm pump.

3. No-one ran out of fuel.

So you got one out of 3... I'll have my shilling!

:tongue:

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices