You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Suspension > XS250 hardtail

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

dodger0129

Dec 11

dodger0129 says:

XS250 hardtail

Hi.....I have an XS250 project on the go at the moment.I'm aiming for an ultra stripped down,no nonsense little bike,along the lines of a cafe bike.My question is,could I remove the rear shocks and weld the swing arm into a permenant position,using gussets for extra support,to create a rigid frame and lose the rear shocks??

I could go down the weld-on rear end route,but i'm keen to keep the current lines of the bike rather than end up with a "traditional" chopper.
I suppose my real question is,will welding the swingarm permanantly in position seriously affect the handling of the bike or make it dangerous/unstable??
Any help is much appreciated :smile
Cheers
Roger.

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 09:06)

Post a message in Suspension

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ally600

May 09

ally600 says:

roger

if you want a slow straight line i hate corner machine then your going in the right direction......a 250 is in my opinion not the machine to hardtail...............power, brakes and maneuver is the way to survive on the roads and you have killed at least two:wink: 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle