Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked by qualifying slump MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked by qualifying slump

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Valentino Rossi shocked by qualifying slump

Valentino Rossi’s Ducati troubles deepened tonight in Qatar when the Italian finished in a lowly 12th place in qualifying for tomorrow night’s opening MotoGP round at the Losail International Circuit. The nine-times world champion cut a dejected figure in the shadow of the Losail Circuit floodlights after a best lap of 1.56.813 left him slowest of the factory prototype riders in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 12:19)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

I was referring to his attitude to other riders not joe public, so why do you give an example of how nice he was to you and some friends? I don't care if he handed out bags of sweets, curly balloons and little effigies of himself, what has that got to do with the way he's acted towards other riders. As I've said before, you just wash over things that have happened and make believe they didn't. Up to you, doesn't change anything.

I was however, very surprised to see him in 12th and so far off Hayden. Clearly the bike has some speed in it, but so did the previous one, so his position is down to his inability to set it up. Hayden's position proves what is in the bike. 12th is down to the rider, not the bike.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Hmmm

Off topic but.....MM

.......should be disqualified for that move. Way out of order.

Perhaps he'd watched a re-run of Rossi / Gibernau from Jerez before the race...

Reply to this Topic
velopete

Apr 05

velopete says:

bultoboy

Bultoboy

Just want to say that I could not agree more with everything you say, I have been watching racing since the Hailwood days and many riders then and since that time are men you could have real admiration for both as riders and as men. Rossi lost my respect as a man a long time ago with his dirty mind games and self interest.  It was really refreshing to see the interaction between Lorenzo, Stoner and Crutchlow. Racing without Rossi will be just fine, real race fans will not miss his hissy fits and would much rather see a bloke like Stoner who got on with the job he had set himself even if it did mean overiding the thing at times. Off subject I hope MM gets his arse kicked for that move today, bloody dangerous and stupid riding.  

Reply to this Topic
BarbaricCub

Oct 09

BarbaricCub says:

Can I just put myself on the record here to say I think Rossi will be back up top eventually. Probably not tonight, maybe not even this year and possibly not on a Ducati... but it will happen :)

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

yes I know

what you were referring to and I am sorry but I maybe did not put it across very well.First of all our chat was not just a pleasant chat but one referring to our class of racing and not his but I have also seen him react with other riders in the paddock many times and they all not just Rossi have the greatest respect for each other on and off the track.
The reason I tend to wash over things is because I cant really be bothered to argue about things that I have seen first hand and unless I am blind and really stupid I know what I saw and heard.
Seeing you brought it up yes I agree that the reason Rossi was 12th was down to bad set up by him and his team.Its not an easy job you know although you would think it was reading some of the experts posts on here.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Red racer

Well said Pal - its funny how the faceless little weasels like Nostro and Pacey purposely follow the Rossi links just to get their cheap little shots in, as if they are some kind of keyboard tapping nerds hiding behing mummas skirt! Oh the years they must have suffered watching the goat celebrate in his success. Paybacks a bitch....get a life Pacey what are you..some 13 yr old school kid, sit back enjoy the racing and wind your neck in

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Waipipi

Oh the years they must have suffered watching the goat celebrate in his success

With that comment you are no better than anyone else and it is that type of comment that prompts people to take their pound of flesh as it were.

By the measurement you choose to utilise to credit him GOAT, he isn't actually the GOAT at all is he, as his record isn't the best all time record - is it. So which part of his record applies to all time? It doesn't does it. So why do you Rossi fanatics insist on this GOAT label.

Every time one of you comes out with this crap you're going to have it rammed back at you that you're factually incorrect and that the current abject failure to get to grips with the Ducati has smashed the myth perpetuated over the years by media figures who really should have known better, that the bloke can perform miracles on a motorcycle. He couldn't and he looks pretty ordinary at the moment doesn't he.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Whyaskmethat

Aug 08

Whyaskmethat says:

Has Rossi lost his edge?

I have to admit I am saddened by Rossi's seeming loss of form. I have long been a great fan of his, but he does seem to lost his edge, his bravery.

Is that because he has finally been hurt and that has sapped his courage. He just doesn't seem to have the fight in him that he had before his injuries.

Are we watching the demise of a once great rider? I have to admit it is spoiling MotoGP for me at the moment. I just can't get up the enthusiasm I did before.

By Contrast I love the new Moto3, but then I have never liked 2 strokes, lol.

Reply to this Topic
waipipi

Jul 06

waipipi says:

Bulto

My apologies my fraudulent slip should be corrected and I retract my "goat" comment ...how dare I! Anyways back in the jungle my other comments still stand despite not being a Rossi FANATIC just sick of certain individuals hounding and pounding the spreadsheet just to be negative you can bet your bottom dollar the little rodents will be back......wait for it!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

ONCE UPON A TIME....

He was the best,with the opposition he had in them day`s,just as Ago was in his day.What is kinda sad now however,is that the only person who doesn`t seem to know his time has gone,is the person himself ! This can often be attributed to the "yes" men that normally surround a certain type of character,such as Rossi.What will be interesting is how Mr.Burgess react`s to the present situation,being an Aussie which is a bit like being a Yorkshire-man,mean`s he won`t take no bullshit. A parting of the way`s could be coming,quite soon.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices