Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

Spaniard Marc Marquez completed a stunning return to Moto2 by taking victory in the opening race of 2012, despite having only been declared fit to race three weeks before the opening round. Pole-setter Thomas Luthi got off to a good start, but was soon caught by the following riders, including Marquez. A race long battle between the front runners ensued, seeing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 19:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
1motion

Jul 07

1motion says:

not a care in the world

im all for hard racing and rough passes... but that wasnt either, coming past close and bumping a little is one thing but when you are not even clear of the guy you just passed and you have the inside line there is no reason or place for swerving out like that... Luthi did a good job to keep it together and avoid being taken out because if he hadnt ran off track they WOULD have both went down... not to mention he pulled the same kind of cutting off on ianonne early in the race

i think marquez has led a privledged career and feels a little too entitled... and i agree that if they dont come down on marquez for moves llike this he will just keep doing it... i dont think they should take the win away but maybe dock him a couple grid positions next race and if it happens again sit him out a full weekend

in the AMA last year Herrin was blamed for the big daytona crash and it kinda was but he was racing hard just like everyone else and they made him miss races... MM has done a lot more shady stuff on track than some people that have paid for it... like they said at the end of the race, either punish him or make it known whats acceptable because if they dont penelize him someone will get sick of his antics and take it into their own hands which is dangerous... so do your job dorna and show the golden boy that he cant do whatever he wants just because he is a spaniard on a repsol bike

Reply to this Topic
OxonJohn

Jun 09

OxonJohn says:

Don't agree

First off, I'm a huge Eugene Laverty fan, but being a top rider doesn't make his word law. He can get it wrong too. There will be as many people equally qualified to comment who will view Marquez as being out of order.

Reply to this Topic
gixertam

Aug 07

gixertam says:

MM never learned his lesson last year with the accident where he could have killed Wilahrot, he isnt going to stop until he does by the looks of it.

Thomas should have followed him into the pits and knocked him out, a move like that that one would not have been tolerated in any other series in the world.

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

wait hang on

..so now when we have close racing with 5 riders riding in tandem duking it out all, of a sudden its not what the general public want anymore...do people want just more single file processions to the finish line like motogp last year?

Good on MM, aggression is what you need tell Dani that, he seems to have lost a bit of that from his 250 days though he showed a glimpse at the end the race.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

Marquez should be punished for that, theres a safety aspect here clocking 170 plus mph and to move over and push luthi ,if that was jerez or sachsenring could have some serious consequences, on other words dangerous

Reply to this Topic
madasthecat

May 09

madasthecat says:

West

Nice to see Anthony Wests preference to re-join moto2, over bsb paid off - NOT!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
chrisnotts

Apr 12

chrisnotts says:

No denying Marquez has talent, as well as the repsol privelege card ....

However, I wonder if Luthi, or even Scott Redding or Brad Smith put an equally stupid move on the spanish wonderkid, and forced him off the track, whether they would stay quite as unpunished.. methinks not.

All for real and close racing but if you dish it out, I wil be interested if you can take it when it comes back...

Hopefully no one will get injured with silliness like this, but you gotta say people have been punished for similar or less last year - remember Barcelona ( i think) last corner and the french guy getting disqualified

Reply to this Topic
chrisnotts

Apr 12

chrisnotts says:

I remembered

Johann Zarco in the 125 race at catalunya last year... given 20 seconds penalty for a dangerous overtake for something not that dissimilar but considerably slower on a 125, not a moto 2

Someone from dorna please explain what difference was - other than he was french and Nico Trol who was awarded the win, was born just down the road, in Valencia which is of course in .... Spain...

Dont you love a conspiracy theory....

Good job run off areas are so wide at Losail, or that could have been really serious.

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Marquez

didn't just outbrake Luthi, he pulled alongside and then swerved right into him pushing him onto the kerb with nowhere else to go. On a slow corner you can swerve back taking a chance that you both go down thus teaching a lesson that you won't take it, but not at 170 down the straight, and Marquez knows it and also knows that he is the new spanish golden boy and also knows that with his recent eye injury scare he will get the sympathy vote.

Reply to this Topic
Ocdcbr

Jul 11

Ocdcbr says:

Golden boy

Marquez gets away with it. A dangerous move and I'm glad luthi gave him a slap for it ( on the arm) it seems true that if u r Spanish or Italian you get away with this stuff. I'd love to see him get the same back. . . Ideally from redding or smith. There is something about Marquez that I just don't like. Then again it's racing. Luthi needs to make sure he gets him back at some point to make things even. An exciting race again in moto 2

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices