Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

Spaniard Marc Marquez completed a stunning return to Moto2 by taking victory in the opening race of 2012, despite having only been declared fit to race three weeks before the opening round. Pole-setter Thomas Luthi got off to a good start, but was soon caught by the following riders, including Marquez. A race long battle between the front runners ensued, seeing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 19:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Parkway70

So you're saying he's not dangerous? And further saying that because he's Spanish, and apparently Spain bankrolls everything, that it makes it ok that he's dangerous? So if that makes us irritated Bob Brits (???) what does that make you?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I agree B but...

Marquez has lit himself up with his choices and actions and has previous for involving the medical staff on behalf of others. You'll always get the odd rash move off the odd rider and these can be dealt with summarily and individually as they occur. Marquez should have been in front of the C.O long before now and reminded who's army he was enlisted in but he hasn't. The P.I incident was a yellow card at the very, very least and if he'd been Roy Keane he'd have got a straight red and 3 month ban yet he didn't even go in the book.

Fast and talented yes, likely to kill/seriously injure someone/self yes. What else do we know about him? Not much, he looks like his dad and has a younger brother and that's about it. I'd say he has limited learning capacities given his decisions. He might be fast and with a will to win but it's the at all costs bit he's needs to check.

Not being dangerous and likely to cause a hazard/injury/death to anyone is a fundamental requirement for motorsport regardless of whether Spain is paying for it or not. Perhaps that Spain are coughing up the readies explains why it's dangerous, the rules aren't very clear and it's all likely to fail in a complicated mess mañana.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

If Marquez hadn't been deliberately losing speed for about half the last kilometre beforehand maybe but...

Deliberately not taking the safe and easy option seems a bit odd. Maybe he was rehearsing but he knows better than anyone his speed advantage in certain situations so I dunno and didn't pull that move so. Maybe he was sticking one on Luthi saying "I'm here mate and it's mine, whatcha gon do about it?" or maybe he's prone to making dumb ass decisions. But seems to be given leeway because he's fast and Spanish. Discuss...

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I think Sod will intervene first

And he'll be sponsored by Repsol. I'm a big fan of prevention being better than cure in some situations and this would qualify. The effort involved in curbing the boy's enthusiasm will be quicker and simpler than sweeping it all up and writing about it afterwards.

First off he either needs an extra 10kgs+ adding or a combined minimum weight needs to be added to the class, the fairest way would be to take the average combined weight of the entire field and use that as the number.

Whatever happens, once a boz eyed little wazzock, always a boz eyed little wazzock in my book, the boz eyed little wazzock.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Maverick Vinales is faster and funkier

And less cod, boz, spacky eyed. I see Maverick astride a full factory GPZ 1000 sponsored by Ray-Ban and Belstaff smoking a cheroot on his way to meet a leggy teacher after a hard days title winning. Before descending into a pit of Scientology driven buffonery with massive uber ego issues and a fit wife.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

MM

Isn't cool enough for Leftfield. If he was an 80's action hero he'd be Sylvester Stallone in Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

jamie..

When you say Marquez had a speed advantage I was lead to believe the engines are identical..so how does that work?..what you must mean is that his team had set his bike up best..also I said Two Bob Brits ie: not a frigging penny to bring to the MotoGp table from Britain...I mean who else is gonna back and nurture our young GP hopefuls!?..You got any ideas Pal??

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Parkway

watch this clip from youtube, at 0.54secs and about every 2 mins thereafter M.Marquez sits up to lose speed down the straight. An excess of speed, could be an advantage, could be called a speed advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY7tGWN0vyM

How does this work when all the engines are identical smartarse? Ooohh a tricky one this, M.Marquez is about 5ft and weighs about 50kgs and Thomas Luthi is 5'6" and weighs about 65kgs. I'd say that 15kgs less to push along plus the ability to wriggle under the fairing plus drive plus maybe gearing would equal a speed advantage? Plus the proof of it existing. Not difficult Parkway but thanks for asking.

Where's your penny? 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Blackpool?

He wouldn't make the grade at Bridlington and I heard Rhyl blackballed him long ago.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I can see him Benny

sat on a donkey scoffing a 99 at Chapel St. Leonards

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle