Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Marquez victorious in Moto2

Spaniard Marc Marquez completed a stunning return to Moto2 by taking victory in the opening race of 2012, despite having only been declared fit to race three weeks before the opening round. Pole-setter Thomas Luthi got off to a good start, but was soon caught by the following riders, including Marquez. A race long battle between the front runners ensued, seeing...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 19:38)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
BBQdog

Jul 10

BBQdog says:

Finish line

The Moto2 race proofs the finishline should not be that far away from the last corner that one can win a race by slipstreaming. Qatar is a bad example. Assen is much better, the finish line not too far away from the very fast lefthander followed by the final chicane.

Reply to this Topic
Big_L

Aug 07

Big_L says:

Marquez

I would have liked to see DORMA take some action against Marquez. Im not his biggest fan anyway due to his aggresive style. Im all for getting stuck in with elbows and pain being exchanged, but Marquez takes it too far. Im a big believer that you should win the race by being the fastest, not by trying to wipe out the competition!! Someone teach him a lesson before he seriously hurts someone!!

Reply to this Topic
hillfish

May 10

hillfish says:

Marquez

Marquez performed a great race but that move on Luthi was not just an aggressive race move it was totally out of order! - he knew fine well he was ramming him off the track which is bad sportsmanship and pretty disgraceful really - making it look as though that was his line anyway and pretending he knew nothing i think makes him a bit of an arrogant tw*t especially as it could have been so dangerous for luthi - i think he crossed the line with this one and needs to be pulled up for it. Luthi quite rightly well p*ssed off i think..

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Dorna's bias

This sums up Dorna's view of the incident (taken from Motogp.com)

"Crossing the finish line in fifth position was Thomas Lüthi (Interwetten Paddock), who had started from pole position and who spent the entire race in the leading group. The Swiss rider's challenge for victory ended going into the final lap however, when he ran wide at Turn 1 as he and Márquez went head-to-head"

What a joke, ran wide! The poor fucker was railroaded off the track, Marquez new Luthi had the beating of him so waited till the last lap to literally run him out of the race.

What a bell end, after this and the Wiillarot incident I hope he gets some extreme moves pulled on him this year, he's put a big target on his back after that...

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

BAD MOVE

I like aggressive tight racing thats why i like BSB and WSB But i dont like watching deliberatly dangerous racing Ive seen some pretty dodgey moves in my time. but the one Marquez made on Luthi takes the biscuit. In the last WSB race Haslem took out Hopper . but it was hard riding and above all it was not deliberate. The move Marquez made was deliberate and dangerous. If i had been luhti i would have been straight round to Marquez and had a few words. Im wandering if the reason their was no action taken by the officials is political? Its got to be Marquezes title for these reasons 1. No wieght limit on the rider and bikes combined gives Marquez a big advantage( Even in WSB they has given the dukes extra wieght to carry) 2. hes got a top bike with a top team. 3. the other riders are racing marquez and Dorna as well. Looks like the title is done and dusted Well done and congratulations to him

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Marquez

He's very borderline dangerous for me and I hope I'm wrong and he doesn't confirm it.

The move on Luthi was unnecessary when he was sitting up to lose speed down the straight. He wasn't even discreet and evidently could have passed any time he chose down the straight for a number of laps. Trying to hide apeed advantage might not be illegal under rules as such but it does start to skirt closer towards the ethics of gentleman and racing.

I hope Luthi watches the replay and decides to teach the boz eyed little twat a lesson.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Chicken and Egg

had Clarence not pulled an unnecessary move  when he could have passed any time before he wouldn't have provoked Luthi's reaction. He didn't need to run Luthi out to the edge just there, just then. Luthi has every right to be a bit miffed. This will bite young Marc on the arse at some point in the future and it didn't need  to happen

Reply to this Topic
vds45

Jan 11

vds45 says:

WEIGHT LIMIT

MARQUEZ HAS TOO MUCH OF A WEIGHTS ADVANTAGE THIS WILL ALWAYS HAPPEN GIVE HIM 10KG AND HE WOULDN.T BEE IN THE TOP 5

Reply to this Topic
philholt10

May 08

philholt10 says:

Chosen one

Cant help but wonder why when a rookie 125 rider pulls the same move he gets a 20 second penalty but when its dornas chosen one nothing happens lol.

luthi should have gone straight into his pit and knocked the little fuck out. nothing wrong with hard riding but this little prick has already put one rider in hospital how long before he does it again or even worse kills somebody

marques is a supebly tallented rider but needs to be shown that he cant ride without a care in the world for everybody else around him

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Marquez...

Another great young Spanish rider hits the scene and the Two Bob Brits get all irritated!!....just remember its our Latin neighbours who bankroll Moto Gp...Jesus we can`t even find British backers for our best GP prospects in years(Scott + Brad)...pathetic!!!...Spanish winners in all classes..says it all I guess

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices