Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo has won the opening race of the 2012 MotoGP championship at the floodlit Losail circuit in Qatar. Lorenzo took to the front of the pack on the first lap, but reigning champion Casey Stoner took to the lead on the third lap where he stayed until the final corner on lap 19. Stoner had opened up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 21:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Brilliant race...

Great, consistent ride from JL, & what a start from Dani... thought Stoner had toasted his tyres but said it was arm pump... he's equalled his worst race finish in over 18 months!

What a performance by Cal... only rider other than CS to drop into the 1:55's... superb result.

Good show from Hayden on the new Duc but he was so close to being beaten by Barbera on the mk1.

Good ride from Colin on the CRT BMW... & only the last 3 CRT's might have been lapped at a shorter circuit.

This could be a good season.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

honda sandbagging

WEll done the Repsols! mustve found the extra kick they needed in warm-up! and so far things arent looking as bad as before in comparison to Yamaha. Should be a great season ahead!

In other news ben spies gets the wtf ride of the day..seriously only a minute ahead of Edwards? oh my lordy Dovi and Cal must be wringing their hands in glee :)

Reply to this Topic
Chilliesauce69

Aug 11

Nice one BBC, where was the podium. Why bother showing us the race you shits. Does the top CRT rider get anything like the privateer cup in BSB does anybody know ? Not too bad a race either. Well done Lorenzo and was surprised by Stoners reaction on the post race interview. Rossi, WTF lad pull it out.

Reply to this Topic
Rossifan4life

Oct 11

Finally some excitement

Congrats to Lorenzo, he rode a perfect race. Nice battle's for 1st, 4th and 6th place. It's a shame that Rossi lost 5 sec on 5th lap, he could have spiced up that battle for 6th even more. Looks like tyre's are not that problematic since lot's of riders did some of their fastest laps at the end. Thank god for 1000's, we are finally seeing some proper racing. Can't wait for next race weekend.

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

Great start to the 1000CC era,,,,

Reply to this Topic
ow01fogno1

Apr 11

ow01fogno1 says:

great

any real race fan could know that was a unexpected result and hopefully more to come, and to put it as plain as day rossi was never gonna be there this round really, and he did get out raced by hector not pushed off track, shhheeeesshhhh. go cal!!!!! dovi will be mythed by that one lol;)

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Masterful ride by Lorenzo starting to like him that Yam is one beast of a bike but Spies I am pissed off I guess two big offs shattered his confidence better luck next time.

Reply to this Topic
bryfor59

Feb 09

bryfor59 says:

Well Done Cal

To the Mary Poppins tune!!!!! Ha ha

SUPERCALYOUWEREFANTASTICSPIESYOUWEREATROCIOUS

Brilliant result Cal, well done!!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Did someone say excuses?

I'm guessing it's snowing in hell because I find myself agreeing with Wosi. I think Casey's short runs in testing just cost him.

The real issue is, Valentino Rossi.

Not as fast as Bradl or Hayden? Ok Barbera cost him a few seconds but where was he? Outgunned, outclassed and out of ideas. All the excuses are gone, the flag has dropped and the reality is much, much worse than even Buelligan can spin!!!!!!!!!

IT IS ALL OVER, THE ROSSI ERA IN MOTOGP HAS ENDED.

"it's only the first race blah" etc etc etc but at some point you need to face the reality.He's done, he's dusted and he isn't going to be the greatest of all time (in GP's). He needs to save grace and face and get his scrawny ass to WSB if he wants to save what is left of his reputation.

p.s Well done Jorge (grrrr)

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

Seen off by Cov though Benny

I've apologised to Cal for dissing him but I suspect this weekend will be the highlight for the satellite Yams

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices