Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo has won the opening race of the 2012 MotoGP championship at the floodlit Losail circuit in Qatar. Lorenzo took to the front of the pack on the first lap, but reigning champion Casey Stoner took to the lead on the third lap where he stayed until the final corner on lap 19. Stoner had opened up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 21:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Hugelean, you're starting to sound desperate ...

If Rossi can't give the right feedback and make his own mind up, that's purely down to him.

Sepang1 - 'The bike is great, with this i can be competitive'
Sepang2 - 'The front end problems have returned and we have trouble with rear grip'
Jerez      - '6th is our potential for the first 3 races' (fair enough)
Pre Qatar - 'This is the bike we'll race all season' (no mention of any major worries with it)
Post Qatar - 'This isn't the Ducati i wanted' and might i add, he sounded like a 5 year old picking out a coloured lollipop there.

Anyway, how happy must Poncharal be right about now? Impressed with both riders, and it will sure be interesting to see who is leaving that team at the end of the season, with Bradley coming up from Moto2. I actually think it's too soon for Smith, he's not fully proved himself for me, although i do recognise the potential he has.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

As it stands right now, i can see either Crutchlow or Dovi replacing Spies(if he doesn't deliver) next season, with Ben himself replacing Bautista.

Was a bit odd though, Spies tweeted 'that's what happens when you race a bike which has been crashed twice' ...
Fair enough, but how did he not recognise something was off in warmup ... puzzling.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

awesome

no other word can describe it. he deserve it. and bad luck for stoner. i didn't watch it cause its so early in the morning, but i read the news. goodness, nice performance for pedrosa. whoever win, the package must be perfect. the rider, the bike, the set up and it all comes down to lorenzo in qatar.  CONGRATZ!!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

Rossi Post Race Comment

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98678 <-- angry, annoyed rossi. but then you can't blame him. ducati was ok around when troy bayliss and capirossi were team mates. something went wrong around mid 2009. i do feel for rossi. we need this alien back in the top. its too sad now to see him waaaay back down in 10th or 12th. angry,="" annoyed="" rossi.="" but="" then="" you="" can't="" blame="" him.="" ducati="" was="" ok="" around="" when="" troy="" bayliss="" and="" capirossi="" were="" team="" mates.="" something="" went="" wrong="" around="" mid="" 2009.="" i="" do="" feel="" for="" rossi.="" we="" need="" this="" alien="" back="" in="" the="" top.="" its="" too="" sad="" now="" to="" see="" him="" waaaay="" back="" down="" in="" 10th="" or="">

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

A little testy?

Coupla Spaniards and an Aussie on the podium can certainly rile a few tempers around here, but I guess it's the mid pack performances that are causing the most angst!

Prior to this I couldn't see a spot in this series next year for that mediocre ranga Smith, but if Spies keeps this up, he'll be back in WSBK. Talk about fkng disappointing for the series or what. Get off the tit mate, or you're fkd!

Crutchlow's pace was impressive, and I'd bet that softcock Wosi's shrivelled left scrunion, that he can do even better during the season. In a month or two, I reckon you poms won't even talk with an Eyetie accent or dress like op shop maffia spivs anymore! Hahaha...

On a more sombre note, I think many have finally realised it's the end of an era. No I'm not talking about that overhyped fkng Italian money pit, but the fact that a 250hp 1000cc evolution runs 6 seconds slower in prime conditions compared to last years 800's at the same track? Good one Caramello, you dumb c**t!

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

OH, CMON

ppatel3d : what happened in 2009??? do you want to say it all comes down to stoner fault??? c'mon man. post it in detail.

bob butt : I CANN'T UNDERSTAND YOUR F**CKING ENGLISH BUDDY. :) but at least it's not an insult. i agree with caramello ezpussylata's thread you talk. that dumb ass must be kick off from motogp. that guy IS NUTS!!!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
ppatel3d

Jun 10

ppatel3d says:

@ Motoking

No I do not blame Rossi's dismal performance on Stoner. In fact full credits to Stoner for making that bike look awesome. It just seems that after Capirossi left, Ducati could no longer give a winning bike to both their factory riders. Stoner went from strength to strength, but the other side of the garage (Malandri, Kallio (for brief moment), Hayden, and now Rossi), have struggled. In past the likes of Bayliss, Capirossi, Checa, and even Gibernau could get the bike home in top 5. But Rossi seems to struggle. What next? Will Rossi go or the Engineers?

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

Yamaha

Lorenzo, what can I add that I haven't said before. He is superb, even though I forecast that Stoner would win.

Cal; Fantastic Ride. 4th on the Tech 3 Bike when all the Aliens Stayed on. If this form continues then he must be in line for a Full Works Bike and a crack at the title.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Just beware TZ once Spies chatter problem he will make easy mince meat out of Crutchlow works ride my ass.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

ppatel3d

i've said long before. if you already ride "easy" handling bike for the rest of your career and suddenly change to supersensitive bike like ducati, you'll get nothing. you can change 10 years habit in single year (honda and yamaha is almost same in riding. prove ? rossi, dovi etc.). for stoner, he started from dirt race from half his career. that's why they told rossi to race in dirt track, etc. but like i said, you cann't change 10 years habit in 1 single year AND you not practice it everyday. only in race practice and race. it's hard. or i must say, not a change. but that's only my opinion. i'm newbie in bike. ask nostro or aquarius about bike. :)

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle