Filippo Preziosi defended Valentino Rossi
after his horrible qualifying session in Qatar saying that Rossi’s
talent is out of the question, however after yesterday’s lowly 10th
place finish, the former World Champion in a post race interview with Sportmediaset
very calmly and matter-of-factly decided to get few things off his
chest, but the underlying message that came across the TV screen is that
Rossi has given up hope and is completely demotivated.
Here are some salient parts of the interview that has almost every
MotoGP fan in Italy demanding that his contract with Ducati be rescinded
and that he give back the money he has ’stolen’. Marco Lucchinelli
after hearing his words said that Rossi has become the ‘old Biaggi’ of
MotoGP, which caused another outcry from offended Biaggi fans.
- Hector Barbera pushed him off track making him lose five seconds
- this race was worse than last year’s and that he had already given up hope last season
- Ducati isn’t really following his indications and that he isn’t an engineer and that he can’t fix the problems
- despite the pace for 5th this isn’t what he’s in MotoGP for
- he can’t ride this bike, but at least he can push a little more however admitting that but he doesn’t have any confidence
- when Barbera pushed him off track and he was the last of the GP bikes
he felt like returning to his pit garage but decided to continue for
his squad and give them more info
- he also continued because he wanted to see if busting his ass all
winter long in training was worthwhile - it was - he was fresh as a
daisy and never even broke into a sweat.