Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo victorious at season opener

Factory Yamaha rider Jorge Lorenzo has won the opening race of the 2012 MotoGP championship at the floodlit Losail circuit in Qatar. Lorenzo took to the front of the pack on the first lap, but reigning champion Casey Stoner took to the lead on the third lap where he stayed until the final corner on lap 19. Stoner had opened up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (08 April 2012 21:14)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

Not bad at all Rob

My point being that JT and Spies are both incredibly talented superbike riders who couldn't/ can't seem to make it happen in MotoGP

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

Stoner

is the fastest rider because he's the only one who can ride around any bikes problems. No problems last season so he pissed it. Problems with chatter so far this season yet he can ride around that in testing and practise and put in the fast times, but to hang on to that Honda taking it beyond what the chatter should make it capable of gave him arm pump, understandable.

He told the BBC after warm up that the chatter was a problem that his engineers needed to sort out instead of telling him that he was still fast despite the chatter. Echoes of his time at Ducati I feel.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Milky...

"Perhaps you can give me a few pointers of which race to look at that does not include Rossi..."

Erm... this one for starters... ? :blink:... he's said he almost went back to the pits ffs!

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Wosi

So, it's a theory! You plum..

Reply to this Topic
Zoggthefantastic

Sep 11

The chatter issue was smokescreen

To some extent at least. Watch back the post QP interview-stoner has a bit of a grin on his face throughout the interview, and when it comes to the point where he says they're going to have to work hard to fix it he touches his face. Both are classic body language tells that indicate deciet. And as for the ride around any bike's problems chestnut, if that's the case why have honda even bothered developing a new bike, the godlike stoner could just ride around the problem of being 200 cubes short, utter toss if you ask me. And it's statements like it about vali that has made all the Rossi haters so rabid...

Reply to this Topic
galaway

Dec 08

galaway says:

stoner

err seems odd  all winter training,lap afterlap testing , arm pumps?

recon the computer shut the engine down caus it was getting short on fuel

check hondas  monitors . mabe there was something going off  honda dont want us to know about

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Stacey

Now Stacey has a young child, I think I know where the arm pump is coming from. Should be sorted by mid season. Perhaps he should have done some full length simulations in testing. The vid "When Playboys ruled the world" provides some solutions. James Hunt before a race in Japan.

The Honda looked fast on the straights but less so in the corners with the M1 the opposite. Should suit Stacey as the Ducati was the same in 07.

Looks to me like Lorenzo just wanted to win it more. Reeled in the Hondas. 

Honda spend a million on a new bike and it has front end vibration? Sounds implausable. Does Dani have the same problem? However they clearly are still the bike to beat with a 2nd and 3rd and Spies down in 11th.

God only knows what Rossi was up to.

The CRT's within a few seconds of being lapped.

Cal in 4th. Hayden 6th. Unexpected race.

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

Surprises

Noshow Telling it like it..........isn't again. No surprise.  

Good start to the year though.

Three makers in the top 10. Surprise er no there are only 3.

Lorenzo on top - Surprise.

Dovi - solid start. When will he come good? Noi Surprise.

Stoner 3rd Surprise.

Hayden 6th Surprise.

Spies 11 Surprise.

CRT's nearly lapped - Surprise?

Jerez next. It was raining last year so difficult to predict.

Reply to this Topic
Milkybars

Feb 11

Milkybars says:

Hedgehog5

Apart from Cal and Dovi....what else was exciting....you call Lorenzo reeling Stoenzo and passing him very easily and then Dani doing the same. Ther was not even a little fight in him. He himself said he felt like a back marker. If that is the type of racing that's gets you up, well ....I will leave it unsaid....fill in the blanks yourself. I will take a battle in a race like the Moto3, and Moto2 and Cal and Dovi in Motogp......

Sadly Stoenzo blames his loss to imaginary sickness, yet when you look at his time analysis on Motogp.com it does not show someone suddenly getting sick, except in the last 5 laps his times went from 1'56 to high 1'57. That shows, either the fuel management took over or tire degradation. Similar thing happened in Valencia 2011 when leading by 15 secs or whatever and Ben Spies closed him down, he managed a desparation pass at the line.

Reply to this Topic
Yamaha3358

Mar 11

Yamaha3358 says:

Hahahaha... Milky, are you feeling a little depressed today?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices