Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid

Casey Stoner’s hopes of a fifth victory in six years in the season’s opening MotoGP race in Qatar were thwarted by a severe right arm pump issue that dropped the Australian back into third spot. The Repsol Honda looked in complete control of the 22-lap race at the floodlit Losail International Circuit when he suddenly dropped his pace with five laps...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 April 2012 15:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

acanada

...pc roll on jerez ,lorenzos racecraft will probably be the undoing of casey again,look fwd to more armpump or chatter.

So much foresight. So how will Vale get on bud?

3358 is right............................'Anyone but Stoner'. Your'e pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

"anyone but stoner"

stoner fanboys have been building him up all off season as if the title is done and dusted, he can ride around problems blah,blah blah.He didnt deliver the victory you all expected ,get over yourselves it wont be the last time your dissapointed !

keep bringing rossi into it,it shows he is still the biggest draw in motogp.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

pre-race

I posted that i could'nt split Stoner/Lorenzo therefore wiping out your assumption that i'd expected him to win.

keep bringing rossi into it,it shows he is still the biggest draw in motogp.........

I don't 'keep' bringing Vale into this chat. I mentioned him once and you've declined to answer. You're still pathetic.

Reply to this Topic
acanada46

Aug 11

acanada46 says:

pc

typical reaction from you cant debate without name calling.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Arm pump, it's real.

O.K I appreciated all you litttle 46'ers only discovered motorcycling via VR on the telly (and probably haven't progessed to the riding stages yourselves), but as an ex racer I can assure you it's real and it's debilitating. A tightness of the forearm and no power to squeeze the stop lever. It's afflicted many many racers over the years. As a poster on MM said, Stoner could've done 3 race sims in testing and it would've never raised its head. Stoner alluded to diet, for me ensuring a decent fluid intake leading up to the race is important.

As Stoner said perhaps a little vibration through the arm would've helped relax the muscles. Tyre wear was also as Stoner predicted with the less intense litre machines not being so hard on the rubber as the peakier 800's despite their softer carcass construction.

Yes Yam 3558 man. This anyone but Stoner mentality is an odd one. Especially in light of Rossi losing the Yamaha fight and his own undisguised antipathy for Lorenzo. What was it this time last year from Rossi ..."Everyone in the paddock dislikes Jorge". Come on little 46's back your man and share the hate around.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Morons are out in force

Yet again we have the armchair TV watching experts giving not an opinion, but the facts of what happened to someone during a race...

You haven't a clue as you weren't sitting on the bike, therefore you don't know anything about the grip from the tyres, you know nothing about armpump and you know bugger all about racecraft (what is that exactly..?)

If any of you Rossi loving muppets has ever suffered from proper, chronic arm pump whilst racing a bike, you'd know how badly it can restrict your control of the bike and how bloody dangerous it can be. As you haven't, then best keep it zipped as your comments have no foundation and are based in nothing but shite.

Perhaps also, you noticed the tyres of the bikes in parc ferme, nothing wrong with them.

An explanation of 'racecraft' would be nice as well, if any of you is willing

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

your spot on Bulto

Yeah the morons are out in force ok and they all appear to be Stoner fans.
Just because your hero did not win and some dont agree with what Stoner said you come on here and say that none of us have a clue and you think you do?
So you are telling people to keep it zipped because they dont know about arm pump.
I would be interested to hear your experience of arm pump during a race please seeing you have the cheek to presume nobody else knows anything.
You like most have no idea whether stoner had arm pump or not but if he did it was certainly not the only problem he had.
Now the mentality business 3358....anyone but stoner! Its up to each individual who they support and you might be surprised to know some support other riders other than Rossi and Stoner.
I did say before the race Lorenzo looked the more confident of the two and I would hazard a guess that his practice sessions were far more valuable than Stoners and that is why I reckoned Lorenzo would win and you better get used to it because he will win a lot more this season.
I have never disliked Stoner and never will but I am getting fed up with his hypocritical fans that start spurting abuse because he got beat fair and square.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Jesus Buel

Read what I said - nowhere did I say I knew what Stoner's problem was - for the same reason I said no-one else did. I'm not him and I wasn't on his bike...  He said he had arm pump, I have no facts at my disposal to dispute that. Neither does anyone else.

But as usual, you have people who know nothing of the facts telling everyone what the real problem was.

If any of you understand what arm pump is, explain please, tell us what causes it, how it manifests itself and what the consequences are - and then I'll tell you if you're right.

By the way, you may be gutted to be reminded again that he isn't my hero and I was pleased for Lorenzo to win as surprise of the day, it makes no odds to me who does. He comes across as a decent bloke and the look of relief (disbelief?) on his face showed he must have conceded the race until Stoner slowed.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
clarkson2197fsworldcouk

Feb 04

Stoner Moaner

Moan Moan Moan Moan

Moaned about the Brake protector bar

Moaned about the new Tyres

Moaned about the new rules

Moaned about the Claim rule Bikes

Moaned about his gloves

Moaned about his chatter

Moaned about his arm pump ? (or was it the 3rd place)

why the hell does he not pack it all in as 20 other riders would love the best of the best he always seems to get

Cant seem to warm to him for some reason ? 

Reply to this Topic
leecho

May 09

leecho says:

nostro

did you agree with one off my posts, that would be a 1st, iv raced bikes for 10yrs and i always had a problem with arm pump at the start of a season, once i had done a few meetings it went, cant understand why stoner did not do more testing, yes i can he thought he had 2012 wrapped up before the start.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices