Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Arm pump halts Casey Stoner’s victory bid

Casey Stoner’s hopes of a fifth victory in six years in the season’s opening MotoGP race in Qatar were thwarted by a severe right arm pump issue that dropped the Australian back into third spot. The Repsol Honda looked in complete control of the 22-lap race at the floodlit Losail International Circuit when he suddenly dropped his pace with five laps...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 April 2012 15:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

Take a look on any topic since the race and I don't believe you'll find a single comment from me having a go at Rossi after his woeful weekend - and you have to admit, it would have been very easy to.

You still don't get it that my comments in the main (the anti-Rossi ones as you call them) are aimed at the people who write what they purport to be facts about Rossi's abilities that have no foundation, not at things Rossi himself says - although again, he's providing plenty of opportunity...

Just as I do with comments about any rider. As we now have again with Markg1150 who is stating as a fact that Stoner only got arm pump because he didn't do long runs.

Stoner's pattern is the same year after year and in that time he has had arm pump twice. For argument's sake that is 2 races out of say 100 races since he came into Motogp.

So, if it is his preparation which is the undoubted cause of the arm pump and his preparation has never changed, why didn't he get arm pump in the other 98 races?

That is what I mean when I say people come on here and state something as a fact without having any foundation. It would at least be a little more plausible if they said maybe it's because and were willing to discuss it...

More riding can also aggravate it to a point where it won't go away - everyone is different.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

arm pump and stoner's devious nature

Yes moaner, he is even more devious than you say, that fastest lap nearly half a second faster than anyone else was obviously done with malice aforethought when he knew he was inferior on the day just to support his forthcoming end of race lies.  

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

cor blimey doohanfan

You will be in trouble now from Bultoboy!
He wont have a bad word said about Stoner.
Casey can do no wrong in his eyes....

More for u later bulto.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Buel

What can I say - I believe Doohanfan was being facetious whereas I don't believe you are...

Don't leave it too late, I was out riding for over 6 hours yesterday, I'm tired and want to go to bed.

Bad words...  He doesn't actually do a lot wrong if you're not into the PR pantomime that others seem to enjoy and put so much emphasis on. I prefer watching the riders on their bikes, racing.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

being facetious

We have been here before. Last time he said he had the pace but a health issue was causing him problems late in races it would appear he was telling the truth as is his wont.

Any discussion of this race has to encompass stoner clearly having strong pace for most of the race. If he did have arm pump requiring him to say his tyres had given out when they hadn't as moaner seems to want him to do (that and fuel problems being the only explanations other than a physical endurance issue as he claimed that I can see) would seem unreasonable. Him saying before the race that his tyres were fine after doing race distance over multiple runs in practice if they weren't would also seem rather pointless.

Notwithstanding this it is up to him to be fit enough to last race distance and no problem of jorge's or dani's if he is not.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Notwithstanding this it is up to him to be fit enough to last race distance and no problem of jorge's or dani's if he is not

True enough, although arm pump is difficult to prepare for if it isn't something your prone to and not a real indicator of general fitness peparation. If he began to suffer it every race he'd be in for the operation no doubt, but that would be a question of timing as it's a few weeks recovery (for normal people at least... with the medical care they get, maybe a bit sooner)

However, both Pedrosa and Lorenzo were close enough to take advantage of his problem which is why they deserved their placings. No argument there.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

sure bultoboy

I am just making a philosophical point in general . A rider having health issues or injuries (unless caused by the negligence of a competitor) is obviously unfortunate for the rider but imo no concern of his competititors. As a doohan fan I have always liked to think he could have won 7 successive championships but for his horrendous leg injury. If he wished to do so he shouldn't have crashed though.

There is obviously nothing stoner could have done during a race weekend to address an arm pump problem, and no real reason to anticipate such a problem as you say.

Reply to this Topic
Flipslats

Aug 11

Flipslats says:

twats

just remember, the guys get arm pump during the season as well!! It happens and it can be for a number of reasons and it doesn't necessarily mean it has anything to do with fitness or conditioning. Arm pump can be brought on by simply holding onto the bars too tight (being the first race for defending your title, maybe this is the case?).

He could have done a 100 race sims in the off season, arm pump could have just as easily happened in the race nonetheless.

A third place with arm pump... ominous signs for the rest of them for sure!

The season has a long way to go. Don't worry, every rider will be blaming some sort of physical pain for not being able to push at 100% at some stage...

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

want a medal bulto?

6 hours on a road bike and your tired! Try 6 laps of the Island you wimp!

By the way clever clogs I was being faceious as well.

You really have to change your biased attitude though!

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

THERE`S A LIST AS LONG AS YOUR EMM, ARM.

Of people who have had this `ere problem.Not just road-racer`s but motocross boy`s too,even the fittest,baddest of `em all........The m`cross sidecar MEN,you try telling one of them it`s `cos their not fit enough ! Ain`t done enough lap`s,don`t wank enough,they`d tear you apart without breaking into a sweat.  So to all you "expert`s" who`ve never had,{and never will have},arm pump,stop talking out of your arses.    Keep quiet,you don`t wanna sound like that other pair of "expert`s" ,{ VR/JB }, do you?                                   After the 2nd round last year,Stoner had 25 point`s          Do you reckon he will beat that total this season?

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices