Skip to content

Discuss This Qatar MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to bounce back quickly MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Qatar MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to bounce back quickly

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Qatar MotoGP: Ben Spies vows to bounce back quickly

Ben Spies is aiming to bounce back quickly from a torrid start to the new 1000cc MotoGP era after the Texan slumped to a bitterly disappointing 11th place in Qatar last night. Two heavy crashes earlier in the weekend were followed by a chatter issue in the 22-lap race that saw the 2009 World Superbike champion drop quickly down the field...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 April 2012 15:47)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

He likes the 1000 more then the 800 having come from that sort of background. Last year was hard injuries heavy crashes PI and Silverstone race starts was his main problem dropping back then having to fight back but I think this year for Ben it will be all in the past I have always openly said he will be one of the riders to watch on a 1000cc bike.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

"I have no idea where GYTR gets this crap about replacing his crew from."

how refreshing to get a reasoned essay from a Spies fan, without any of the infantile insults that are sadly so typical of my friend elbowz - thank you texas_rp.  elbowz - would you care to reply to the above comment about Spies' crew and enlighten us all?

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

Cosher last years Estroil race when his team left a unattended tool on his bike which affected his breaking in the race did you see Hayden getting sideswiped going wide in the corners eventually Ben removing the tool himself and crashing out of the race thats why I am worried about his crew.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Sorry??

Yes. That was a team mistake. Spies was probably angry with them until shots on Sunday night. He went on to win Assen with the same team a month later. He's not angry with them or at all want to get rid of them. He didn't even blame them for his results in Qatar. Dont put your disappointment at them. I don't agree with you at all here. And CCB, it doesnt wind me up at all. Americans or at least me and SVnut, aren't that sensitive. I don't think GYTR is American. Could be wrong.

Reply to this Topic
CosherB

Apr 06

CosherB says:

texas - we think that elbowz is from London as he was seen masquerading as a Chelsea FC fan on here some months ago.  or that could mean he (or is it a she actually?  no, not with that potty mouth) is from anywhere in England, apart from Manchester.  could be wrong.  who knows ...

having resisted the temptation to make a gag from the first line of your last post elbowz, it does seem a draconian measure to replace the crew after what seemed like a failure of procedure or a simple oversight at Estoril.  i'm sure the team has learned from the experience to make sure it doesn't happen again.  it's also not an event to lose trust in people who have worked together successfully over many years.  i'd hate to have to work for you.

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Most def

I saw Spies checking his handlebars and brake levers as he rode out of pit lane in 1 of the practices. I bet he jokes about it with them now. He will no more blame them than they will blame him for a poor race. I can hear House "10th??!! I'm getting a new rider." ?? I remember the Chelsea avatar. Wherever. I live in London and enjoy football but don't support one club. I tend to like individual players - skill and sportsmanship that kind of thing. It's his words, spelling and syntax that makes me think he's not American. What about the rain at brands hatch? Not often that stops a BSB round?! I was working in it and it wasn't fun. Kudos to the BSS riders.

Reply to this Topic
YamahaGYTR

Sep 11

YamahaGYTR says:

I am no American but yes I am a Chelsea fan too.

Reply to this Topic
yammy7r

Apr 09

yammy7r says:

CosherB

You say YamahaGYTR could be a female I think this also, no male could have that much of a fixation with a male bike racer

Reply to this Topic
texas_rp

Nov 04

texas_rp says:

Cough cough

No male could have his fixation with a male racer?? Ahem. There are an awful lot of female Stoner and Rossi fans on this site then.

Reply to this Topic
SV659Nut

Mar 09

SV659Nut says:

I suspect

that YamahaGYTR is young and exhuberant and a bit over zealous. As years go by he will understand that it is ok to have a hero without downgrading those that are not behind his man (or woman). I love his youthful enthusiasm but he really isnt doing Ben a favor by alienating others not in his fan club.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle