Skip to content

Discuss This Jerry Burgess: “We’re nowhere near fast enough.” MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jerry Burgess: “We’re nowhere near fast enough.”

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jerry Burgess: “We’re nowhere near fast enough.”

Valentino Rossi and Ducati endured a dark night in Qatar after the Italian slumped to a dismal 10th place finish to start the new 1000cc MotoGP world championship. The nine-times world champion was a massive 33 seconds behind winner Jorge Lorenzo and at best Rossi could have only hoped for a top six finish with the new GP12 Desmosedici way off...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 April 2012 16:49)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

gryczon

Funny you should mention the Suzuki, I was thinking about that earlier, trouble is I think they are looking at 2014 for a return, and the problems with that move might be a) they couldnt afford VR's wage demands (even after this Duke fiasco) b) he may not want to risk going to another manufacturer that has a history of not competing consistently at the top. I agree it would be a great prospect and maybe one more chance for VR to try and prove he still has the magic to generate another fairytale - emulating his hero Schwantz.... If VR and Ducati part company mid-season, which is probably unlikely due to the PR nightmare it would generate (even more of) then I dont think he would contractually be able to get out of his Duke contract and go ride for someone else - Duke just simply wouldnt have it. If he went elsewhere and started to do well can you imagine the damage it would do to Ducati, Im not blaming the bike now, or suggesting any blame, Im just being hypothetical. Then his only option would be WSBK on a Ducati, and why join mid season... or take a sabbatical and come back the season after - both of which would probably be the final nail in his moto gp career.....

Reply to this Topic
gryczon

Mar 08

gryczon says:

if Vale won't do the breakthrough but Hayden or Barbera will or get some constant results even 'near' podium Vale's departure won't affect anybody. Ducati in fact is still primarily an SBK frontrunner and legend if we speak about Ducati itself and there's Checa - the Spaniard just once was close in 1999 and after that switching bikes needed to wait for his WSBK time. If Valentino would do another russian roulette going to Suzuki and also fails then it shouldn't affect anybody again. World's changing very fast. The opinions also. Then would be a realistic move to SBK (or F1, WRC, whatever road). Rossi - Ducati are just two aliens...for each other.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Good with the tools?

Who's the fkstick that always can't wait to post comments that clown mechanic Briggs puts on his twit ter page?

Well hurry up...  I can't fkn wait to read his latest! Hahahaha haha hahahahaha ha hahahahaha hahahaha hahaha hahahaha hahahaha hahahaha ha ahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
ChrisSYD

Nov 08

ChrisSYD says:

if i remember correctly , when floss left honda they had a argument , Honda said it was their bike that was winning and floss said it was his skill that was winning....now its the bike that is loosing, but his skill is whining , i mean winning .. this guy has more egg on his face and feet in his mouth" stoner is just not ridding the bike hard enough"....LOL

Reply to this Topic
concerned

Feb 09

concerned says:

low bike.

When Carl Fogaty left Ducati to ride the Honda, he tried to set it up like the Ducati, Low. He couldn't ride it at all until he jacked the back end right up. Maybe the Ducati needs to be set up in the same way.Yes i know it was the supers, but maybe?

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Come on...

JB - "We were doing the same times as the Nicky group"

Unfortunately Nicky was in a battle for 6th where Rossi was riding with a clear track... they were playing into Rossi's hands tripping each other up & he still couldn't catch them... even when Barbera ran off track!

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Aug 02

1100970 says:

Rossi to Old!!

It comes to us all, you get older and there are times when you do not take the same risks, never thought I would say it but is Rossi at that time of life where he is saying why risk it my bones are not getting younger.

Since he broke his leg badly a while back I feel this age thing could explain his risk adverse riding and could explain why he is not where he wants to be on the track.    

Cant see the Ducati  deal running another year so maybe this is his last season.   Andy

Reply to this Topic
MO62

Jan 09

MO62 says:

Is it a "mental issue" ?

Sadly I think its becoming a "mental issue" if VR can't work out how to resolve or ride around his problems and JB is not able to resolve these problems then they need to come clean with Ducati, much more of this and that's 2 careers down the pan in one foul swoop, if ever these 2 needed there dream team status intact it is now, for goodness sake let bloody Bayliss & Checa have a test, if for no other reason than impartial feedback from proven bloody winners and if its in VR's bloody head then get real Ducati and tell him, shape up or ship out, its getting pretty sad to watch now.

Reply to this Topic
revnev7

Oct 11

revnev7 says:

REALLY ?

"NOWHERE NEAR FAST ENOUGH".   Why would you be with those 2 rider`s ? Get real mate.

Reply to this Topic
Strokey

Sep 02

Strokey says:

More about Mojo than age

Baylis was a nobody until his thirties when he started winning championships, Checa is even older and look at his form now. Rossi just needs his Mojo back tsall, he has the skill to beat them all. I bet Ferrari are having a second crack at tempting Rossi to give it another crack at making the Italian dream team a successful combination. F1 would go through the roof.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices