Skip to content

Discuss This Brands Hatch BSB: Second superbike race cancelled British Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > British Superbikes > Brands Hatch BSB: Second superbike race cancelled

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Anonymous

Liam Marsden  says:

Brands Hatch BSB: Second superbike race cancelled

The second superbike race of the 2012 BSB season opener at Brands Hatch has been cancelled after fuel was spilled during the British Supersport race. Pauli Pekkanen crashed during the second supersport race of the weekend at the final corner and re-mounted, not knowing his bike was leaking fuel. The race was red-flagged and the team at Brands Hatch cleaned up...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (09 April 2012 17:35)

Post a message in British Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Coyote88

Oct 09

Coyote88 says:

Geography!

The South has Brands and Thruxton. Lets not confuse it with the midlands where there are loads of meetings. Since when has Assen been in the South?

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

BSB

some of you talk total bollocks

The racing was canceled for SAFETY reasons . Do you want to see the lads get hurt i dont. So stop fucking crying the right decision was made muppets.

As for assen what the fuck is that about when was assen part of brittain. what happend to rockingham ;???

Come on MCN get on the back of the BSB organisers and get rockingham back on the race card and bugger off assen. who the hell can afford to go i can't, i would go to rockingham.

RANT OVER AND BREATH AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Reply to this Topic
FATFRYER2

Aug 02

FATFRYER2 says:

RIDER SAFTEY is the only thing that counts in a situation like this,if you go to a meeting and pay your hard earned cash then you have to be prepared for all outcomes.

If it had snowed would all you moaning fuckers expect them to have knobbley tires on !

After the deaths we saw last year i for one would not complain if the meeting i was attending was cancelled on the grounds of rider SAFTEY .

The dession to cancel a meeting is not taken lightly and it was the right one on this occation.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

It was inevitable

I had made the trip to Brands and it was clear that the efforts to clear the track for a restart of the supersport race were unlikely to work, I watched a number of marshalls spraying the track with garden sprayers and a chap sat in the back of a van doing the same,but in these conditions it was an impossible task to expect to be able to clear up a whole circuit of spilt fuel with so much water floating around,I predicted carnage after the restart and the second race to be cancelled,unfortunately that was the case,and it was really the only decision that could be taken,We cant blame any one or say it was to early in the month or year that is ridiculous the season is short as it is,The weather is the weather.I was actually quite impressed how the majority of people just left quietly accepting things for what they were,Hopefully the powers that be will reward the fans with an extra round at a sensible time and venue,and remember it's not just the fans that are affected, the teams the venue the organisers, and not least the riders,all worked hard for a frustrating outcome,but safety is the priority,well done to all for the races we did see at brands,Some brilliant rides in awfull conditions

Reply to this Topic
potfiller

Jun 07

potfiller says:

Leaking fuel

Why not mandate self sealing fuel tanks as in aviation and Formula 1 ? Brands was pathetically ill equipped to deal with the spillage situation. Blokes with hand sprayers sitting in the back of a van is amateur hour clubbie bike meet stuff. It is no excuse that the street sweeper lorry conked out at the foot of Paddock Hill bend. Non biker Palmer should be ashamed of himself trying to duck the issue of his poor infrastructure by shifting it on to riders with a no restart rule change. Palmer does know what the infrastructure is in USA car racing and should invest in it at his circuits. If you do not know it entails the use of multiple purpose built track cleaning and drying vehicles.

Reply to this Topic
goldenboyfz1

Dec 07

goldenboyfz1 says:

Shame

I rode down from Norwich on Bank Holiday monday to watch the racing with my mate... It lashed it down all the way there......rained just about all day...and rained all the way home. But we had the best day out !!... It was a total shame that there was hardly anyone there... the bike park only had a thousand or so bikes in...( which is nothing when compared to a dry day )... We got wrapped up in our waterproofs and accepted the fact that it was going to be that way all day. I certainly have every sympathy with anyone of those lads who where brave enough to race in those conditions..... Ive never seen so many crashes in one day !!... Yes, it was disappointing that the second race was cancelled.... but I for one dont want to see anyone hurt. One grievance I really have..... is the cost of grub there...Its a total rip off... Donuts ( that looked more like onion rings ) £1 each !!!... come on Mr Palmer...when you swoop in in your helicopter and see all the die-hard fans stood shivering in the rain... who have paid £30 each to get in...give us a break !!!....

Reply to this Topic
Shepshep

Aug 09

Shepshep says:

washout

Just out of interest, Is the hosepipe ban still on down there?

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

clarkson

I think it is brilliant that Stuart Higgs considers the fans in that they will run a extra race at a meeting later to make up for this missed race and it gives the riders another chance to get some points on the table

I was replying to the idea of running the 'lost Indy round' on the weekend of the Brands 'GP Circuit' bud. That's a no-no. But there's all season and many circuits to run an extra race, agreed.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

good points

yes the food prices were ridiculous,32.50 for four burgers and three small trays of chips was a rip off ,but we were told this was the price set by the circuit ? a life long issue for me is the price of food at circuits,this is now a days unacceptable, the buck does stop with palmers company.Yet another age old problem, as it affected the corporate image and profits is to blanket ban a rider from re joining a race after crashing,It was an unusual circumstance that caused the incident at brands so lets blame someone and set a president,this country is greed and health and safety personified,leave the rules alone and let nature play it's part,we cant all afford a helicopter to choose our venues

Reply to this Topic
RobTZ

Feb 10

RobTZ says:

BSB

Unfortunately I could not make Brands at the weekend. However I have given up going to events abroad purely on the basis that BSB is such a great event. Absolutely everything clicks with this event.

I have never found the food prices to bad. Last year a large bacon bap was about a fiver, which is fine value considering what event you are at.

In addition you can always bring your own food. People (the Wife and Friends) who have no / very little interest in Motorcycling who come to a BSB event, love it.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices