Skip to content

HONDA Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR1000RR FIREBLADE > Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March

Honda’s CBR1000RR Fireblade was the best selling motorcycle in March as dealers shifted 272 from showroom floors. 2012 Honda Fireblades for sale. Running it a close second was the BMW R1200GS, which sold 229 units, with the Honda CBR600F third placed with 135 sold. What’s the real story? While the updated 2012 Fireblade certainly contributed to these figures from the Motorcycle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 April 2012 13:41)

Post a message in CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Why doesn't MCN start a new column each month showing the top ten or twenty sales figures for that month. I'm sure it would make interesting reading and if dealers are trying to influence sales figures by pre-registering, they won't be doing it every month. At the end of the year, a top ten for the whole year could be published. How about it MCN?

Reply to this Topic
v2kiwi

Mar 04

v2kiwi says:

Ten years from now

they ll be riding their blabes with 100,000 km on it and still ticking over like a swiss watch!!!!! All the panigale owers will have sold them after a life time of repairs and constant electronic issue,s. Sorry TINKER only going from experience. I, ve had an SP2 honda from new , a 1098 when they came out, and an 848 and no  prizes for for guessing which one is still in the shed now with only tryes and service s required.  She maybe old , heavy and slow , but as real world ROAD BIKE she,s pretty dame good .  I said when i got it i,d never sell it and   I never will  ,   My old man has an ST 1300  with 120,000 km,s on it and it,s setting sail around oz in three weeks time,  so i don,t have to many issues with HONDA, S . Although there have been some lemons 25-30 years ago i seem to remember, (250 2 stroke road bike, MTX i think it was )

Reply to this Topic
zoobaz

Oct 10

zoobaz says:

nice bikes

agree with you all that blades are pretty good bikes - though not totally reliabable, a friend of mine bought a brand new one last year, and it's been back at the dealers (pidcocks Nottm) since before Xmas needing a complete top end rebuild, including piston rings ... he's not a happy bunny!

is this a one-off or has anyone else heard of top-end failures on new blades? hoping it's a one off as I fancy one myself!

Cheers,

Baz

Reply to this Topic
Momo1970

Jul 11

Momo1970 says:

The blade has no traction control, no whelie control, no quick shifter, and no 200 bhp... Why don't the other manufactures listen to the market? Keep it simple light, and agile. Keep it reliable with low maintenance and most of all keep it cheap.

Reply to this Topic
simplebystander

Oct 10

Momo1970..

Whilst I appreciate your view and have no doubt it is an excellent road bike, in competition its definitely lagging behind - and its an RR for goodness sake - it really should live up to its race replica acronym.  Honda should really make this the road orientated F and make another more hardcore track focused bike to allow the company to be represented competively in WSB, Superstock etc.  At the moment I believe they are devaluing the Fireblade brand by continuing to use a bike that has effectively remained the same for 4 years now.

Reply to this Topic
RawDawg

Jan 09

RawDawg says:

lol @ simplebystander

Did Honda not just win MotoGP last year?? If Honda WANTED to win WSBK they would and they would run the team liek they did with Colin and the Castrol team instead of a semi-factory effort like Ten Kate. But back to the road bike. Honda has the Blade exactly like they want it. Making an uber hypersport bike that only 1% will actually see the track makes little sense to them. And while you are yapping about "devaluing the Firebland brand" the original Fireblade was not design for racing but as a road bike. Racing bikes back then were 750cc not 900cc. The original Firebland was design to be a total balanced package of power and handling for the road and not just some bored out 750cc race bike with lights on it. So in essence, Honda is staying true to the Fireblade NOT devaluing the brand.

Reply to this Topic
fatbloke63

Apr 12

fatbloke63 says:

Momo 1970= what!

So it's the best selling bike but you know where their going wrong!! Are you a bit thick? This just goes to show that Honda know exactly what their doing, which is a lot more than Joe public!

Reply to this Topic
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

LOL @ fatbloke63

Pretty sure you want to re-read Momo 1979's comment... he was SUPPORTING the blade - saying that the blade has none of the pointless electronics etc yet is the best selling bike - therefore why do the "other" manufacturers not listen?!
Bet you wish you hadn't made that "bit thick" comment now eh?

Reply to this Topic
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

@ RawDawg - Really

I'm pretty sure that Honda "wanted" to win the Moto GP riders championship, but they didn't did they?  I'm also sure that they "wanted" to win the WSB titles in 1998, 1999, 2001 etc (all with Castrol team by the way...) but they didn't - saying that they could "win if they wanted to" is just mental!  The Moto GP bike also has nothing to do with the fireblade so Moto GP success in 2011 has no relevance to the blade whatsoever.

As for the road bike comments, I totally agree.  Why do people think that race success = great road bike?  The two things are totally separate and the current blade is a fantastic road bike.  It's the only 1000cc bike I will consider buying purely because of the lack of pointless traction control, anti-wheelie etc.  The current blade is a brilliant road bike, just like Honda's original idea for the Fireblade...

Reply to this Topic
Hodge1

May 04

Hodge1 says:

@ RawDawg - Really?

I'm pretty sure that Honda "wanted" to win the Moto GP riders championship, but they didn't did they?  I'm also sure that they "wanted" to win the WSB titles in 1998, 1999, 2001 etc (all with Castrol team by the way...) but they didn't - saying that they could "win if they wanted to" is just mental!  The Moto GP bike also has nothing to do with the fireblade so Moto GP success in 2011 has no relevance to the blade whatsoever.

As for the road bike comments, I totally agree.  Why do people think that race success = great road bike?  The two things are totally separate and the current blade is a fantastic road bike.  It's the only 1000cc bike I will consider buying purely because of the lack of pointless traction control, anti-wheelie etc.  The current blade is a brilliant road bike, just like Honda's original idea for the Fireblade...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle