Skip to content

HONDA Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR1000RR FIREBLADE > Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Honda Fireblade outsells BMW R1200GS in March

Honda’s CBR1000RR Fireblade was the best selling motorcycle in March as dealers shifted 272 from showroom floors. 2012 Honda Fireblades for sale. Running it a close second was the BMW R1200GS, which sold 229 units, with the Honda CBR600F third placed with 135 sold. What’s the real story? While the updated 2012 Fireblade certainly contributed to these figures from the Motorcycle...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 3 years ago (10 April 2012 13:41)

Post a message in CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
RidgeRacerHRC

Mar 12

what about bsb?

nearly 1/2 the grid is Honda CBRs this year in BSB right? mustve bumped up the registration number with alot of teams moving up from Superstock too.

Reply to this Topic
MudDoctor

Mar 10

MudDoctor says:

The point being missed here

is that this headline shows that motorcycling, at least in the UK, has changed so much that MCN think it is newsworthy that a sports bike has outsold an adventure bike.

It's a bit like the sports bike market is shouting "look, we're still here".

Reply to this Topic
cdlacey

Jul 11

cdlacey says:

Fireblade Racing Pedigree?

The comment about Fireblades not being focused enough, and devaluing the brand is utter nonsense.

The similarities between any WSB bike and a road bike is the way it looks, and the shape/size of the engine. Pretty much everything else gets binned, which is why they cost upwards of £100,000 to build. If you want a far more accurate indication of sports bike performance then you need to drop further even than BSB (also massive mods allowed) into the Superstock class.

This year, first Brands race of the season and Fireblades came 3,4 &6 in Superstock, and in the Superbike class it was won by a Fireblade. The bike that came second was the equally non trick GSXR 1000 ridden by Alastair Sealey. Honda have it right, the Fireblade handles well, goes well, stops well and feels far more accessible than the super screamer ZX10 or S1000.

As MudDoctor points out, the article is suggesting that the 'Blade beating all comers in sales last month was news worthy. Long may it continue, because despite the ever increasing interest in "Adventure" bikes, there is still a place for more focused machines for the road.

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

cbr600f ?

Was that the new cbr600f 2011 in third place ? I have one and its a brilliant bike and I have been singing in praises to anyone who will listen or even ones that dont... Fireblade fantastick bike the gs way too lardy and fat for me.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

CBR600F

I have a 2006 Honda CBR600F4i (last year sold in the colonies), and it gives up a tiny bit of performance compared to the CBR600RR in return for being a much better street bike.

Guess giving up that little bit of performance killed sales with the “bar racing” crowd, so we don’t get a bike that is better for all but the racers running up front. : (

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

BMW GS

Yep, I agree about the BMW R1200GS being too big. I would rather have a BMW G650GS Sertao since it handles off-road much better (including picking up the dropped bike every now and then), and get something better (which would include the BMW K1600GT) for pavement only, high-speed touring.

Reply to this Topic
stu_sp2

Mar 06

stu_sp2 says:

Always amuses me people who disregard the GS even though they have never probably ridden one!!

Reply to this Topic
mercymercyred

Jan 10

gs

True I haven't ridden one thats cause its too BIG. I find BMW owners, the ones I know anyway are so biased towards the brand and dont take criticism very well atall. I do like the s1000rr but the rest you can keep.

Reply to this Topic
Hedgehog5

Aug 02

Hedgehog5 says:

Yep... the BMW 'GS is out selling the 'Blade 533 to 386 for the 1st quarter... I suspect the figures were similar for March with most being sold for the new registration.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news--general-news/bmw-r1200gs-tops-first-quarter-sales/20484.html

Reply to this Topic
52 Black Shadow

Apr 03

LOL at Mercymercyred.......

Ah yes, another instant expert!

I have a GS (actually, I have 3, a 1992 R100GS a 1999 R1100GS and a 2004 R1200GS), and my experience of about 150 thousand miles across the three of them tells me that the GS isn't too big.  Mercymercyred however has never ridden one and knows that it is too big!

Who would you believe?

As for BMW owners being so biased towards the brand that they can't take criticism - try looking on the BMW club site, UKGSEr etc.  You'll find plenty of owners who do enough miles to understand the problems with their bikes openly discussing the pro's and con's.  Personally, I have 11 BMW's at the moment, but also 4 Ducati's, 5 AJS's, 2 KTM's, 2 Yamaha's, 2 Velocettes, 2 Nortons, 2 Triumphs and a fair few other machines, so not really biassed towards BMW's.

Ride safe, but open your eyes to the variety of bikes out there!

Shad.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices